Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Andrew talked about this a few weeks back, I really like the looks of it. Looks to have a little stronger tip, little better grip, and overall looks cool. Plus made here.
    Very cool. Haven't spent much time online lately... Sorry for the repost Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Very cool. Haven't spent much time online lately... Sorry for the repost Tom.
    Nah, not a repost at all, no one mentioned it here. The TAD version is VERY affordable... Really killing me right now.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The BAWIDAMANN HUGINN looks similar to the RAT and a few others. TAD is selling a version as well.

I like the look of that. The sheath looks very functional too.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I like the look of that. The sheath looks very functional too.
    The Bawidamann, Dynamis, and RAT are all similar in appearance. I'm digging that style of blade and trying to compare those and any others in that style.

Please post others that fit into the badass steak knife profile.

Please post others that fit into the badass steak knife profile.
    Not quite as bad ass and with slightly more classic lines but defintely work as "tac steak knives" (photos aren't mine).

Ban Tang Mini Bowie

Ban Tang Spike

Ban Tang Persian

I have the mini bowie and the Persian in reverse edge form. Excellent knives.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Any thoughts on the Jake hoback Talim blade? I am fan of jakes work and have been thinking about picking one up.

I had never heard of it, or him, before your mention and obviously have no hands on knowledge about this knife but it does look interesting.

The things I'd wonder about (just from looking at the pics) are 1) whether that thin angular grip creates hot spots for the ring finger/pinky and index fingers and 2) whether the angle of the blade in relation to the grip makes it a good stabber as it looks more like a good cutter in the Spyderco Ronin/Yojimbo style.

Try it out and report to us :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I had never heard of it, or him, before your mention and obviously have no hands on knowledge about this knife but it does look interesting.

The things I'd wonder about (just from looking at the pics) are 1) whether that thin angular grip creates hot spots for the ring finger/pinky and index fingers and 2) whether the angle of the blade in relation to the grip makes it a good stabber as it looks more like a good cutter in the Spyderco Ronin/Yojimbo style.

Try it out and report to us :-)
    Yeah, I think I am going to buy the dynamis blade. It’s 20% and I love Winkler stuff. I was deciding between the dynamis, rat and Hoback blades for a new fixed blade CCW.

Saw this new CRKT fixed blade on TPI. Looks like a cool budget knife. However the lack of jimping makes me leery. Guess those can be added.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I saw that in a Knifecenter email a few days ago. I thought it would be much cooler as a reverse edge knife.
    I thought the same thing.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List