Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    And hey, there are a couple of different cheap knives I carry when out and about in certain places I wouldn't think twice about tossing down a storm drain if the need arose, a consideration in some of the places I wander to.
    lolwut?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    lolwut?!
    Dude what just happened

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Dude what just happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I wouldn't think twice about tossing down a storm drain

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    lolwut?!
    I've bought and carried cheap fixed blades in Mexico.
    Buy it, carry it, toss it before crossing back over.
    Saves the hassle of explaining things to customs on either side.
    And when a Mexican cop confiscates a $10 knife it sucks less than paying the $50 "fine" to keep your own nice knife.
    If I actually had to use it in Mexico the plan was to toss it and exfil to the border.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I get pulled into DC and other NPEs on occasion and hence carry knives I won't mind losing should I encounter a metal detector or whatever, yes?
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

I get the foreign country scenario, but having to toss a blade down the drain domestically sounds either criminal, or piss poor planning.

Criminal and wrong are not always the same thing.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I like the Pikal, buy one then post pics.

Finally ordered from Joe, website says a few weeks to ship. I'll post pics when it comes.

I went with the Pikal because it'll be my in pocket stabbing people knife. I took knife classes a decade ago, it is time to refresh. Also you asked so nicely

Cookie Monster

Well let's see, Dropkick, at the ol' day job I've had Madeline Albright, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and various other federal and state dignitaries show up. I've had roles from supporting the event, to managing the building the Secret Service set up snipers on, to troubleshooting technology, to just being the poor sap who wanders into some circus. While heading downtown to the mall--I see you are from NoVA and so ought to understand--I've had friends and family visiting the museums and such all of a sudden decide to check out an NPE like the capitol or whatnot. And I've trained with and rolled with enough LEOs to know my usual gear might raise a few eyebrows and invite closer scrutiny among cops so when I suspect an encounter with an LEO I don't know I might lose a blade or two. And combine that with the fact that we live in Virginia where the knife laws are pretty darn unclear then yes, in my 22 years in the area I've found occasion to chuck a blade or two. And if you find that amusing, or think it's more nobel to eat some knife charge one would have to fight in court than to chuck a $20 blade, I guess I'll just have to find a way to live with it
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

User Tag List