Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

A pikal or reverse edge essentially cuts on the pull instead of the push. Primary tactic is thrusting and hooking of limbs to open up more targets for thrusting.

Pikal/reverse edge: It's a screwdriver that can also be used like a talon/claw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm " " close to ordering the braveheart. Wish bladerigs had the standard black sheath available..

Site Supporter
    I am " " close to ordering a Joe Watson knife. I keep toggling between the pikal and HITs knife on BlueLineGear.

Cookie Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I am " " close to ordering a Joe Watson knife. I keep toggling between the pikal and HITs knife on BlueLineGear.

Cookie Monster
    I have both and they're both excellent.

The Pikal isn't much of a general utility knife if that makes a difference.

Order both anyway

Cookie Monster
    I like the Pikal, buy one then post pics.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Cookie Monster
    HiTS is a damn fine knife. Joe is a hell of a guy. Six in one, half dozen in the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Anybody have a recommendation for a first fixed blade? It's very common for guys at my work to carry one, and seeing how we aren't aloud to carry a fire arm while on the clock this is the next best thing. I'd like to take some classes aswell. I need a good defense knife AND a knife I can abuse and use as a tool almost everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Anybody have a recommendation for a first fixed blade? It's very common for guys at my work to carry one, and seeing how we aren't aloud to carry a fire arm while on the clock this is the next best thing. I'd like to take some classes aswell. I need a good defense knife AND a knife I can abuse and use as a tool almost everyday.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=8543
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    http://www.mdtstraining.com/small-fixed-blades/

Personally I'd maybe snag an ESEE Izula and some scales from TKC (http://www.theknifeconnection.net/izula-g10-handles/).

The ESEE stuff is cheap and you can beat the piss outta it without concern. Alternatively the Boker Ridgeback with a cord wrapped handle is pretty slick too. Voodooman will post a pic when he sees this.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List