Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demko AD20: Latest Addition To the Family

Demko AD20: Latest Addition To the Family

Newest arrival. 6 1/8 ounces of tank-like goodness. Features the "shark lock" which is like an Axis lock on steroids.

CPM-Cru-Wear (a personal favorite steel)

Thick bladed but sharp as all get out and slices phone book paper like liquid.

Crap picture, but that's me and my generations old iPhone for you...

Quite a few glowing reviews available on youtube for those of you interested in knowing more.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Awesome... Always wanted an AD10 but my knaf money always goes to Striders, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Awesome... Always wanted an AD10 but my knaf money always goes to Striders, lol.
    Never owned one but have admired many.

BTW, this knife weighs exactly the same as the old ZT 0550, one of my favorite carry knives, and ZT's original Hinderer model.

Here it is next to my other recent addition, its bigger sibling, the Hinderer XM-24:

Name:  demko hinderer.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  73.2 KB

As if it needed repeating, you have excellent test! AD20 is on my list as well, someday!

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    As if it needed repeating, you have excellent test! AD20 is on my list as well, someday!
    I obviously meant 'taste'. Spell check screwed with my post and I missed the editing timeframe.

I obviously meant 'taste'. Spell check screwed with my post and I missed the editing timeframe.
    Thank you, my friend.

Keep your eyes open. During a brief conversation with John Demko a couple days back, I'm pretty sure he told me he was working on a batch of AD20s bound for Europe. So, perhaps something coming that way within the next little while?

Forewarned may be forearmed.

Thanks for the heads up! Problem is that I am not a huge fan of bearings or the hole in the blade, so it would have to be a custom knife straight from him without the hole and with washers (also no bearing pockets machined into the blade).

Thanks for the heads up! Problem is that I am not a huge fan of bearings or the hole in the blade, so it would have to be a custom knife straight from him without the hole and with washers (also no bearing pockets machined into the blade).
    Gotcha. Seems they send out about half with the slot, half without. I was going to go without the slot until he told me that both he and Andrew carry the slotted blades, so my concern about stress risers was put to rest. (And if something should occur, I'll send it to them and stamp my foot until they replace the blade. )

As for no bearings, well, yeah, that's a different thing entirely as all of the current production has bearings though they can substitute washers. No pockets on the blade, yep, custom job since these are water jetted before finishing.

Well, I hope you get the knife the way you want it somewhere down the road.

SWEEET Setup Blues! Sorry to detract from the primary subject but the holster model and maker? Is that 19 length or specific to the 26?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Newest arrival. 6 1/8 ounces of tank-like goodness. Features the "shark lock" which is like an Axis lock on steroids.

CPM-Cru-Wear (a personal favorite steel)

Thick bladed but sharp as all get out and slices phone book paper like liquid.

Crap picture, but that's me and my generations old iPhone for you...

Quite a few glowing reviews available on youtube for those of you interested in knowing more.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List