Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You could land a plane on that sheath.
    I know. I have seen smaller flight decks.

I need to send both of those Ronins to you, and have you make a neck sheath, pocket sheath, and inner jacket sheath - like the one that came with the old Bud Nealy MCS.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    There's a Ronin 2 now that's still available.
    Yeah, I have seen those, and owned one briefly. The old one is more delicate, but a better slicer of meat. Considering the blade's purpose, traded the new Ronin II off for something else.

I had every intention of getting a Halloran knife but after reading through this entire thread and the clinch pick thread I ended up getting a clinch pick and a trainer.

I still have my eye on a Halloran knife and a Watson HITS knife but I felt like this fit the role of what I was looking for.

Southnarc's "monkey with an ice pick" phrase stuck with me. Since I have zero knife training it seemed like a smart choice.

I wanted something a little different from the knives I usually carry and bigger. The American Kami knives have caught my eye but I doubt I'll ever have the coin for one of those knives. I found the Boker makes a reproduction of his Colubris knife so I ordered one. Found a good deal on Cutlery Shoppe. I am a little leary of the 440C steel but from what I have read from Urbanovsky and others is that the steel should perform very well. I'll give my impressions when I receive it at the end of the week. At the very least it will be something interesting to mess around with.

Picture from Knife Center.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Irelander, 440c is actually very good steel when properly heat treated. Don't be fooled by all the latest flavor of the month mumbo jumbo when it comes to knife steel. While there are degrees of difference between various steels, by and large the differences are very hard to detect except in specific usage.

I know many a maker, some of whom are among the most sought after for their work, who have lauded the use of 440c.

It is very similar to ATS-34 in most respects if looking for something to compare it with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I wanted something a little different from the knives I usually carry and bigger. The American Kami knives have caught my eye but I doubt I'll ever have the coin for one of those knives. I found the Boker makes a reproduction of his Colubris knife so I ordered one. Found a good deal on Cutlery Shoppe. I am a little leary of the 440C steel but from what I have read from Urbanovsky and others is that the steel should perform very well. I'll give my impressions when I receive it at the end of the week. At the very least it will be something interesting to mess around with.

Picture from Knife Center.
    I have one of these. Awesome knife. I've talked with DJ about it, and he has said he couldn't be happier with how these turned out. The knife was cloned to the point that even the sheaths of his custom models fit these like a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I have one of these. Awesome knife. I've talked with DJ about it, and he has said he couldn't be happier with how these turned out. The knife was cloned to the point that even the sheaths of his custom models fit these like a glove.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience. I always get a little nervous about taking buying advice from what I read on other forums. Glad to hear you like it. I should have mine on Friday and I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Irelander, 440c is actually very good steel when properly heat treated. Don't be fooled by all the latest flavor of the month mumbo jumbo when it comes to knife steel. While there are degrees of difference between various steels, by and large the differences are very hard to detect except in specific usage.

I know many a maker, some of whom are among the most sought after for their work, who have lauded the use of 440c.

It is very similar to ATS-34 in most respects if looking for something to compare it with.
    Thanks blues. That is good info.

My buddy owns KMFJ Holsters. He is now making blades. These are Titanium blade, carbide edge, with a G-10 material attached to give a little support and grip. I got to handle them a day or so back... They are light and handy! In the low $300 price range... worth a look if you are into these sort of things... Disabled veteran owned and operated, Green Beret. He can make to order.

Www.KMFJmil.com
    KMFJLLC on Facebook and Instagram.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

How does one get on the waiting list for a Watson HiTS with Jap Wrap like these in this review http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=8543? I don't want the titanium version at BlueLineGear. Many thanks!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

User Tag List