Thread: FAST time penalty

FAST time penalty

What's the time penalty for the FAST test when using an open top, non retention holster (like a Raven Concealment Phantom) with no concealment?

Per pistol-training;

To count, the F.A.S.T. must be shot from concealment or from a recognized retention holster. Open-top retention holsters without concealment (e.g., Blackhawk SERPA, Safariland ALS) add an additional 0.50 to the shooter’s time. Using both a standard duty retention holster (e.g., Safariland SLS, SSIII) as well as flap/retention magazine pouches will result in a 0.50 reduction in recorded time.

I don't think there is an official penalty, though I believe I read Todd was thinking in the 2 second range? I could be wrong though.

I have to say, it's pretty darn easy to throw on a cover garment, so I don't get the point of running the test without one...

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Thanks FredM, I've read that several times, because I'm slow, but I don't see it answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I don't think there is an official penalty, though I believe I read Todd was thinking in the 2 second range? I could be wrong though.

I have to say, it's pretty darn easy to throw on a cover garment, so I don't get the point of running the test without one...
    Yeah, but being in fairly warm California, I shot with 6 guys the other night and only 1 other guy had a jacket with him.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Thanks FredM, I've read that several times, because I'm slow, but I don't see it answering my question.

Yeah, but being in fairly warm California, I shot with 6 guys the other night and only 1 other guy had a jacket with him.
    You need to buy a communal IDPA vest for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    You need to buy a communal IDPA vest for the group.
    I can drop one into the mail, gratis.

User Tag List