Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found in my dad's garage...

Found in my dad's garage...

So, my father is still alive and well, but he is getting on in years. He has not fired a gun in over a decade to my knowledge. He is now in his 70s and has begun passing some things over to me. Below are some photos of they type of things I am finding...

There are a some guns, but I will post those when brother has a chance to help me sort them out.

Photos to follow...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

This is an old "hand loading" set up for doing one round at a time. You folks with Dillon progressives have no ideal how slow my father reloaded in the 60s..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

This is just some old boxes he put in the garage and forgot about.

Some ammo he hand loaded back in 81-82' and some old factory ammo. That .30 carbine is marked $6.60 and is from "Globe" for those that recall that old Houston store. The box underneath that is my grandfather's 32-20 ammo (there will be pics when I get the '30s vintage smith and colt revolvers). [emoji4]

Lots of ammo that looks like it was used as bedding for mice, roaches, termites, silverfish...

I will sort out more tomorrow...

Awesome thread, Gadfly!

Thanks for sharing!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This is an old "hand loading" set up for doing one round at a time. You folks with Dillon progressives have no ideal how slow my father reloaded in the 60s..
    I have a Dillon progressive, and I certainly know EXACTLY how he loaded in the 60s; because I started back then with the plain vanilla version of that Lee Loader.

BTW, there was a Globe store here in Baton Rouge for many, many years. I remember it was a favorite of my aunt, and we got dragged there every time we came to visit.

I never knew if Globe was big chain or not. It went away when I was 8-9 years old. The last time I remember going there, my dad bought me a "Han Solo" action figure. A few months later, the store was closed. I had no ideal they were in LA too...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Very cool stuff!

(I must confess to being a compulsive purchaser of used Lee Loaders. Against all evidence I keep telling myself they'll come in handy someday. )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Just minor corrosion should shoot fine............maybe.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List