Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to expect in Police Academy

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Alcohol isn't as tolerated as it used to be, at least here. Get caught doing something dumb, DUI, PI arrest, etc, and you may find yourself out of a job before you got to do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    They already have dismissed a cadet for being caught drinking and driving.
    Alcohol ruins many a career. As they used to say "the badge will get you booze and broads...but booze and broads will get your badge." Of course no one says that now because its not PC.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Alcohol ruins many a career. As they used to say "the badge will get you booze and broads...but booze and broads will get your badge." Of course no one says that now because its not PC.
    They should, one of them got mine.

My friend's little brother went all the way through the Houston Fire Dpt academy. He graduated and went out to celibate with friends. He got the DUI, not his classmates in the car. He got fired the night he graduated. It sucked.

Stay quiet, stay clean, stay safe.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The physical stuff is easy, it's the mental part that's hard for many. Do not be a know-it-all, you'll find out you're wrong. Don't get caught in the politics and personal stuff. Stay clean in heart, mind and body and you'll make it through.

Same applies when you get to the streets.

Congratulations and thank you.

Jeff

http://youtu.be/GegQ9iQ7xgI

A local sheriff training program...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Just wanted to say good luck where are you doing your training at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here goes! First day starts at 0700. Met most of my fellow cadets yesterday, seem like a decent bunch guys.

User Tag List