Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Picking a revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Thank you for the feedback and yes I really enjoyed your article. No worries on the weight side. I like 'em nice and thick in all the right places... Plus I bet they are a joy for use as an impact weapon should 6 round of .357 not get the job done (a = Fnet / m) and such. I would like to see VZ offer some nice G10 grips for Rugers like they do the S&W guns. Do you think they would tame recoil in the same way?
    Nope. That rubber soaks up the recoil. Very first range session was 200rds of Federal 357B 125gr jhp in just 45 minutes. Went with another ex cop buddy that learned on a wheelgun. Our discussion afterwards was about how much fun we had, not about how punishing the gun was. I had none of the usual hand soreness the next day. That HiTS class was 500 rounds over two days. My hands and elbows were not complaining and I shot 158gr magnum loads all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Nope. That rubber soaks up the recoil. Very first range session was 200rds of Federal 357B 125gr jhp in just 45 minutes. Went with another ex cop buddy that learned on a wheelgun. Our discussion afterwards was about how much fun we had, not about how punishing the gun was. I had none of the usual hand soreness the next day. That HiTS class was 500 rounds over two days. My hands and elbows were not complaining and I shot 158gr magnum loads all weekend.
    That is great to hear. I understand the appeal of the Ruger grips completely now. In your article you mentioned that Tony Mayer from JM made that custom AIWB holster for you. How did the holster work in that position? Did the cylinder bulge create hot sots for you during use? I ask in reference to this article: http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/10/08/ho...evolver-carry/

I carry my autos in the AIWB position and would plan on doing so with whichever revolver I selected. I apologize if I am getting off topic here.

This is really easy....you want to shoot magnums in whatever caliber you like,you shoot rubber grips of some type. I love the VZ's to carry and for shooting specials, BUT they are painful with full house magnum loads. One thing I love about newer Rugers is their rubber grips work. My .454 Alaskan is better with recoil than my 7.5" Magna ported Freedom Arms .454.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This is really easy....you want to shoot magnums in whatever caliber you like,you shoot rubber grips of some type. I love the VZ's to carry and for shooting specials, BUT they are painful with full house magnum loads. One thing I love about newer Rugers is their rubber grips work. My .454 Alaskan is better with recoil than my 7.5" Magna ported Freedom Arms .454.
    Well that settles that. Plus you just completely and totally justified a Redhawk for me as well. Much obliged sir

No issues with the JM. If I could go back I would NOT get the extra tuck and get the soft loops instead of split loops.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List