Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Beretta 92 INOX.

My new Beretta 92 INOX.

I finished this one up a couple of days ago.

Pistol: BUSA 92FS INOX
    Modifications
    Wilson Combat parts:
    Rear Battle Sight
    Low profile Safety Lever
    Extended Magazine Release
    Steel Short Reset Trigger
    Fluted Steel Guide Rod
    Other Mods:
    VZ Carbon Fiber Grips
    19# 1911 Hammer Spring
    NP3 Grip Screws

Of the three 92's I've done thus far this was the first US made gun. Judging from my three samples, as well as others I've handled across the gun counter, I'm going to give the nod to the US made guns regarding fit and finish. Overall this one was just a bit slicker out of the box than it's Italian counterparts. The introduction of the SRT Trigger and the 19# Hammer Spring resulted in a DA pull of seven pounds and an SA pull of three and a half. The DA is as smooth as glass and the SA has a very crisp break. Absolutely nothing to complain about there. My normal mode of concealment in the summer months consists of a polo or t-shirt, with a tank top serving as an under garment. In the really hot periods I'd like to dispense with the under shirt, but the textured G10 grips and the checkered mag release I used on my other two pistols make this uncomfortable. Consequently, I opted for a non-checked mag release and these smooth carbon fiber grips. These should cut down the abrasion a bit. Other than my fumbling and cussing with the mag release and the factory rear sight REALLY not wanting to move, both of which have been usual occurrences with this type, the mods went without incident. I had a two hundred round session with it tonight and accuracy was excellent, as was the POA/POI. Overall I'm very pleased with this one and I now have pistols for training, carry and a spare. The only difficulty will be firmly laying claim to this one as my wife has already taken a shine to it.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-02-2015 at 01:40 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Sweet. I picked up an inox for Christmas this year and it is a keeper. I'll agree that the US made 92s have a slight edge in QC. Of the 4 92s that I have, the Italian had the worst QC...but then again I bought it in the height of the post sandy-hook craziness.

Nice pistol! There was a time when you were considered a Communist if you didn't own a 1911. Are we there yet with the 92? Just wondering since it's been the service pistol now for a LONG time....and I'm feeling bad because I don't have one.

Killing me dude. I can't pick up my Brig Tac till tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Nice pistol! There was a time when you were considered a Communist if you didn't own a 1911. Are we there yet with the 92? Just wondering since it's been the service pistol now for a LONG time....and I'm feeling bad because I don't have one.
    I hope so, since 92's now outnumber 1911's in my safe.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

A fabulous ensemble. It is missing only a spurless hammer .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I'll call you a commie if it pushes you over the hump to buy one [emoji3]

Does a Vertec keep you from being pink, or only a 92?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I finished this one up a couple of days ago.

Pistol: BUSA 92FS INOX
    Modifications
    Wilson Combat parts:
    Rear Battle Sight
    Low profile Safety Lever
    Extended Magazine Release
    Steel Short Reset Trigger
    Fluted Steel Guide Rod
    Other Mods:
    VZ Carbon Fiber Grips
    19# 1911 Hammer Spring
    NP3 Grip Screws

Of the three 92's I've done thus far this was the first US made gun. Judging from my three samples, as well as others I've handled across the gun counter, I'm going to give the nod to the US made guns regarding fit and finish. Overall this one was just a bit slicker out of the box than it's Italian counterparts. The introduction of the SRT Trigger and the 19# Hammer Spring resulted in a DA pull of seven pounds and an SA pull of three and a half. The DA is as smooth as glass and the SA has a very crisp break. Absolutely nothing to complain about there. My normal mode of concealment in the summer months consists of a polo or t-shirt, with a tank top serving as an under garment. In the really hot periods I'd like to dispense with the under shirt, but the textured G10 grips and the checkered mag release I used on my other two pistols make this uncomfortable. Consequently, I opted for a non-checked mag release and these smooth carbon fiber grips. These should cut down the abrasion a bit. Other than my fumbling and cussing with the mag release and the factory rear sight REALLY not wanting to move, both of which have been usual occurrences with this type, the mods went without incident. I had a two hundred round session with it tonight and accuracy was excellent, as was the POA/POI. Overall I'm very pleased with this one and I now have pistols for training, carry and a spare. The only difficulty will be firmly laying claim to this one as my wife has already taken a shine to it.
    Where do I get the flat head grip screws?

User Tag List