Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeFoor's New Ameriglo Sight

DeFoor's New Ameriglo Sight

I haven't seen anything here about these and just came across them on bookface. It looks like a set of sights similar to his all black, steel sights but with a front tritium vial placed in the lower portion of the blade. Seems to be a very interesting design, never considered that. Mr. Defoor seems to be an innovative gent, I'd be interested to tryout a pair.
    Ameriglo GL-514

(Photo from the bookface post)
    Last edited by MD7305; 04-30-2015 at 08:12 PM.

I knew his new sights were coming and I'm pretty stoked to see the specs. I ordered a few sets to try. I always like front tritium and black rear. These look great IMO.

Site Supporter
    Saw these on FB. Not sure I understand the whole tritium on the bottom thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Mr. Defoor seems to be an innovative gent, I'd be interested to tryout a pair
    I've trained with KD4 and I find this to be a true statement. He has a history of attaching his name to gear that he runs through the paces and approves. Often without any payment.
    ...He's offering a very nice 20% discount on these also if you read his FB post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I've trained with KD4 and I find this to be a true statement. He has a history of attaching his name to gear that he runs through the paces and approves. Often without any payment.
    ...He's offering a very nice 20% discount on these also if you read his FB post.
    I saw that, hard to pass that offer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Saw these on FB. Not sure I understand the whole tritium on the bottom thing.
    I find that in complete darkness I want to stack the dots; the problem with that is that you're actually going to shoot low. In low-light, I do find myself shooting low.

The lower dot would reduce this effect.

In daylight the crisp edge is in tact and less crap near where you're looking. I assume at least, knowing that he and others prefer a crisp serrated front.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Looks interesting. I like to see a review on them.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    In daylight the crisp edge is in tact and less crap near where you're looking. I assume at least, knowing that he and others prefer a crisp serrated front.
    I think it's an interesting idea. Pretty close range affair which is generally fine I'm sure.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I ordered a set.

Ill post pix and initial impressions
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List