Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DeFoor's New Ameriglo Sight

You can see how the rear sight box gives the front sight a pretty wide birth.

*yes, the rear sight is over to the right too far, it moved on my during training...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

You can see how the rear sight box gives the front sight a pretty wide birth.

*yes, the rear sight is over to the right too far, it moved on my during training...
    Thank you! I'm liking what I'm seeing here. Have you taken them to the range much?

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Thank you! I'm liking what I'm seeing here. Have you taken them to the range much?
    Yeah...I shoulda posted a picture, I will next time i hit the range.

They are as accurate as the defoor all black sights.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

If you have calipers or a micrometer, can you measure the actual front sight width?

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    If you have calipers or a micrometer, can you measure the actual front sight width?
    Yep, will do when I get a chance.
    VDMSR.com

I'm about 93 percent sold! Any low light work yet? Thanks again!

Yep, will do when I get a chance.

more widths of various sights

http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/06/glock-f...ght-width.html
    VDMSR.com

Thanks!

Ok so now that yall have had time to live with these a while what do you think? I have standard Defoor's on my 26 and am debating adding a tritium front sight but don't know to use these or a different option.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Ok so now that yall have had time to live with these a while what do you think? I have standard Defoor's on my 26 and am debating adding a tritium front sight but don't know to use these or a different option.
    I did some no/low light inside my place with the tritium dot, its pretty bright, well bright enough that at 0-7yards you'll make solid hits on target just referencing it on the body.

I took it to the range, on my G19, and 0-7m shooting referencing the dot was easy and 3-5 inches high, so clavicle notch reference aiming still works.

I did a walk back with it and was making hits out past 100y, but that's more to do with the design of the sight combo than the dot.

I ordered some testors yellow paint to put on the front sight - only issue I've seen so far is that it disappears in bright sunlight when trying to reference it with the rear sight.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List