Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB; How do You Know...

AIWB; How do You Know...

....its a good carry method ,before spending money on a holster?

The dilemma I have;any attempt to carry IWB for me using either my current holster (blade-tech IWB) or even just the pistol (Beretta 92 Brigadier) in my jeans Martin Riggs-style results in two things.

One, the pistol jutting into my legs while seated, and my belly looking like its hosting a Xenomorph either seated or standing.

Are those effects a function of -

Handgun's too big?
    Body type isnt compatible (32" waist, 5'10 height 160lb)?
    GardoneVT just sucks at life??
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    ....its a good carry method ,before spending money on a holster?
    Borrow one.

Handgun's too big?
    Body type isnt compatible (32" waist, 5'10 height 160lb)?
    We have similar stats, except I'm 2" shorter. I can easily carry a 17 or 34.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Borrow one.

We have similar stats, except I'm 2" shorter. I can easily carry a 17 or 34.
    Thanks.Ill ask only one more thing-does the length of the handgun play a part in comfort?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Thanks.Ill ask only one more thing-does the length of the handgun play a part in comfort?
    Length of the holster does, with ride height being a factor there too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Length of the holster does, with ride height being a factor there too.
    Gotcha. No way to put this without sounding like a 'tard, so here goes....how does one keep the weapon/holster combo from uncomfortably rubbing your "gun"?
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    does the length of the handgun play a part in comfort?
    Yes, usually when it comes to sitting and bending.

how does one keep the weapon/holster combo from uncomfortably rubbing your "gun"?
    Wear underwear. You have to move it laterally to find your own sweet spot.

Thanks for the responses all. Since the fellow shooters I know think 25 yards is impossible to shoot with a handgun, whats a good holster to pick up for an AIWB first timer?
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

92 Brig is not only 5 inch long bbl, but also 36 Oz unloaded. I aiwb'd an Elite. These are not the guns to figure out if aiwb is for you.
    Best of my knowledge, only Tony had a brig-wide holsters, but you should also ask Tom above if he has any.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    92 Brig is not only 5 inch long bbl, but also 36 Oz unloaded. I aiwb'd an Elite. These are not the guns to figure out if aiwb is for you.
    Best of my knowledge, only Tony had a brig-wide holsters, but you should also ask Tom above if he has any.
    Fair enough.That being said, I'm not changing guns again unless its for a VERY good reason. Gotta make it work with the 92.
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

The 92 is a bit wide, but check Dark Star Gear for a holster. Very good AIWB rig... and I've never found a way to check any carry method, but buy a holster. Maybe you could find a friend to borrow one from?

User Tag List