Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much trigger finger?

another quick question, when people reference pushing/crushing with the support hand do they just mean squeezing the shit out of the pistol/strong hand with the support hand? Obviously pushing with the support hand thumb is pretty straight forward and so is the concept of choking the front of the gun but ya.. does crushing literally mean squeeze as hard as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thank you. I have alot to try, I especially want to explore trigger finger placement and I want to focus on "crushing" with my.support hand.
    While "crushing" might help shooting fast, it may also mask defects in how you press the trigger. I have shot over 1,000 rounds in the last six days, strong hand only (left elbow problem), and one hand shooting shows up trigger control issues immediately. I have shot a bunch of dots at 7 to 10 yards on paper, and seeing the exact hits is invaluable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    another quick question, when people reference pushing/crushing with the support hand do they just mean squeezing the shit out of the pistol/strong hand with the support hand? Obviously pushing with the support hand thumb is pretty straight forward and so is the concept of choking the front of the gun but ya.. does crushing literally mean squeeze as hard as possible?
    Squeez harder with your support hand than your strong hand.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Ron Avery has some good pointers here on finger placement as well as grip tension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azb3q8wOrV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9rKDEXPvM

Pat Mac gave this exact advise to glock shooters at the TAPS class I took a few months ago. He is very much an advocate of "try it and see if you like it" way of thinking. Well, I tried it and it works. I have long fingers which get all crammed up in my grip. I was a chronic low, left sufferer and this advice really helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't believe there is a "one size fits all" solution to how you work the Glock trigger, beyond pick a method that allows you to press the trigger without disturbing the sights. I have migrated to closer to the tip of the finger free style, but use more finger, support hand only. Make sure your "lots of finger" doesn't cause you to contact the frame with the base of your trigger finger.

In Mac's demonstration at his class, this is exactly what he is advocating. Sucking out the day light between the frame and your trigger finger. He says to run your finger straight along the frame and then drop it into the trigger guard. Your finger will contact the trigger where it contacts it, depending on hand/finger size. He contended that the space between the finger and frame was the source of the low/left push.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn't the notch on the Heinie rear Glock sight offset slightly right by design?
    I had heard that Warren sights were intentionally biased to the right, but Scott informed me that while it is possible that some sights had a slight bias, it was not intentional and that current sights do not.
    Cannot confirm Heinie.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 05-04-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I had heard that Warren sights were intentionally biased to the right, but Scott informed me that while it is possible that some sights had a slight bias, it was not intentional and that current sights do not.
    Cannot confirm Heinie.
    Reference here by JV to Heinie offset right:

https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-1701.html?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List