Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glocks and JHP

Glocks and JHP

I have owned 10-11 Glocks in my lifetime. I have only used Gold Dots and HST. I have fired 300 JHP's through each of them to test function. None of them ever had a problem feeding Gold Dots or HST's.

My son is buying a G19 next week. Has anyone had any issues with a Glock19, 26 or 23 feeding either HST's or Gold Dots?? Thanks.

The 9mm Glock / Gold Dot marriage has been long and successful. Many PDs have successfully used them. That's one of the most well vetted pairings you can get.

We had hundreds of Glock 19 (gen3) issued in my office at one time. Agency wide we had thousands. We now have gen 4 17/26 by the hundreds...

Zero issues with JHP. It is all we issue to carry and to qual with. Glocks eat JHP.

Don't sweat it.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I have watched hundreds of thousands of rounds of 147 gr HST fired from 9 mm Glocks without any ammo related issues.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I have watched hundreds of thousands of rounds of 147 gr HST fired from 9 mm Glocks without any ammo related issues.
    "All pistols should be Glocks, all Glocks 9mm, and all ammo 147 HST". Paraphrased third hand quote from ATK's Johan Boden.

Can I be comfortable telling him to run 100 HST's through it before carrying or is 300 still the recommended number even if it's HST's?? Thanks

I'm be comfortable with 100 JHP and 200-300 rounds of ball ammo
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My pd has thousands of various glocks over the last twenty or so years. Nearly never an issue, though law of averages youll eventually get a dud that glock will fix.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'm be comfortable with 100 JHP and 200-300 rounds of ball ammo
    Thanks. He doesn't have a big budget. He is trying to save money for more practice/training.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    Thanks. He doesn't have a big budget. He is trying to save money for more practice/training.
    Worst case, and I have done this myself several times due to circumstances and not been bitten so far (that noise you hear is me knocking on wood...), I feel OK with 100-200 rounds of ball ammo and then one run from each of my carry magazines loaded with my carry ammo. This gives me at least on run with each mag through the gun to give minimal confirmation on function, and lets me check the zero.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List