Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for fanny packs?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've used a cheapy Uncle Mikes for many years while bicycling or jogging. It doesn't look like a gun bag, but has a hidden compartment in the back that's accessed by just pulling hard on the front. I've had it for probably 15 years now and its ragged but functional. I even went down on my bike and skidded a small hole in it in '06. I've carried a j-frame/LCR in it for the most part, but a Sig P245 is what currently resides there. I've had to access it quickly one time when a pit bull decided I looked tasty and got me on the left arm. Even under surprise and with an angry dog to contend with it was quick to access and let me deal with the situation quickly.

I have no experience with any other fanny pack.

Being able to throw a fanny pack on bandoleer style across the chest is another nice thing, easy gab and go for things like waking up and needing to check things out. I tend to use mine for that role when doing things like camping or other places where I am not sleeping at home.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    +1 for Tommys.
    IIRC, I paid $30-$35 the last time I bought one. Medium fits my P2000SK, small did not.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Anyone have any tips on a waterproof fanny pack? Like, 10m depth, underwater for a long time, truly waterproof, bag?

I have been using the Tommy's for a bit, but man, could they have made it a little less "frumpy"? I know it will never be cool, but for those purpose specific situations as has been previously mentioned, it would be nice if it just blended in a bit better.

Site Supporter
    An alternative for some uses is the Hill People Gear kit bags. I think you'd look odd at the movies or out to dinner with one, but they are viable in outdoor recreation and workout venues.
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...1/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I have been using the Tommy's for a bit, but man, could they have made it a little less "frumpy"? I know it will never be cool, but for those purpose specific situations as has been previously mentioned, it would be nice if it just blended in a bit better.
    At my age, "frumpy" is useful camouflage.

Thanks everyone!

I just ordered a med Tommy's for my Glock 19.

I am an unapologetic cop fanny pack lover. I have some Eagle's hoarded as they were by far the best of all of them. Lately I have also been using a 5.11 one that is pretty discreet with a snub revolver and a couple speedloaders. It color matches to my Texas A&M basketball shorts I walk in. Only issue is it doesn't hold anything else.

2 things with fanny packs. People carry some little j frame give me crap while I have a duty size pistol and reload (and with Glocks it was a 33 round reload)' restraints, multi tool, flashlight,mid, and various other junk. It allows me to carry big guns in a little gun attaire.

The other thing....crooks who make it leave me alone. Nobody asks for change, want directions, etc. in my old A/O, the big black fanny pack not only said cop,,but said cop with a real gun. Kept the crooks away, young people think you are lame or gay and leave you alone, and others think you are from Europe and leave you alone. No downsides at all. They are also comfortable for long drives.

Hey, Hulk hogan is never without his (which has a gun in it), and Matthew McConneghy has brought the fashion back......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List