Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for fanny packs?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    That’s true but only gun folks are familiar with the 5.11 brand. A knife or pair of scissors takes care of that.
    I went even farther than that.

Once upon a time, over 25 years ago, I had a DeSantis "gunny sack" fanny pack.

I not only cut off the DeSantis label on the front, and had my wife sew on a Jansport label instead. Camoflage!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I went even farther than that.

Once upon a time, over 25 years ago, I had a DeSantis "gunny sack" fanny pack.

I not only cut off the DeSantis label on the front, and had my wife sew on a Jansport label instead. Camoflage!
    If you were really astute you'd have affixed a label saying "No Guns On Board".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Back in the late 80's, (in Miami), the easiest way to spot a DEA agent or other Fed was by the leather man purse they carried. It was an interesting time to be sure. Some bad guys make it their business to know what to look for. The others don't usually last as long.
    OK maybe it "whispers" gun .. LOL

You are right, I am suspicious of all fanny packs. I had a leather Galco fanny pack back in the early 90's. I think is was the large size. I carried a G17 Gen 1 in it for awhile. One day 7-Eleven employee "made" me when I was at the counter making a purchase. He commented on my nice fanny pack holster and asked what handgun I carried inside. I didn't use it much longer ....
    Last edited by 4given; 08-27-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you were really astute you'd have affixed a label saying "No Guns On Board".
    Not only am I not astute, I'm too old and curmudgeonly to care any longer about what anybody else may think or assume about what I wear.

The Tommy's gun packs, which I have in several sizes, are fairly obvious pistol-carrying sacks (or at least they definitely don't look like typical "fanny packs"), and though I don't use them all that often, they're certainly handy for wearing with running shorts and other athletic garb, so if someone who sees me with one assumes that I'm armed, so be it!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Not only am I not astute, I'm too old and curmudgeonly to care any longer about what anybody else may think or assume about what I wear.

The Tommy's gun packs, which I have in several sizes, are fairly obvious pistol-carrying sacks (or at least they definitely don't look like typical "fanny packs"), and though I don't use them all that often, they're certainly handy for wearing with running shorts and other athletic garb, so if someone who sees me with one assumes that I'm armed, so be it!
    I never owned the Tommy, (came close once), and I know they are well liked, I just never cared for not having a "holster" inside covering the trigger.

The only gun fanny packs I have are Eagles I've owned since forever. One for the Glock 26 and one for the 19. They have holsters inside that both orient the gun and cover the trigger.
    Last edited by blues; 08-27-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    OK maybe it "whispers" gun .. LOL

You are right, I am suspicious of all fanny packs. I had a leather Galco fanny pack back in the early 90's. I think is was the large size. I carried a G17 Gen 1 in it for awhile. One day 7-Eleven employee "made" me when I was at the counter making a purchase. He commented on my nice fanny pack holster and asked what handgun I carried inside. I didn't use it much longer ....
    After that I went back to my Star PD .45 ACP in a Milt Sparks Summer Special.

Site Supporter

I have used these in small while exercising, including running in populated areas and lifting weights a a gym, with no one ever commenting on it except one person looking for a pack for hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I had an Israeli-made fanny pack back in the ‘90s that was pretty solid. I didn’t like it for running so I sold it to Todd Green. He was working for Beretta and it was big enough to carry a full size 92.

Mine was blue but they came in a bunch of colors. Anyone remember a brand name? Now that I’m an old guy I might look for one on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    I had an Israeli-made fanny pack back in the ‘90s that was pretty solid. I didn’t like it for running so I sold it to Todd Green. He was working for Beretta and it was big enough to carry a full size 92.

Mine was blue but they came in a bunch of colors. Anyone remember a brand name? Now that I’m an old guy I might look for one on eBay.
    Is it this one:

https://zahal.org/product/marom-dolp...ry-fanny-pack/

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Thanks for the lead. Mine didn’t have the front flap. It might have been this one: http://www.policesupplyonline.com/coar50macowa.html - which unfortunately seems to be out of stock everywhere.

User Tag List