Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for fanny packs?

something completely different

I went to one of these for the lowest possible profile and have found it great. They make at least two sizes. I have both. Mods I've posted the link from Amazon if it's not inappropriate for Arcteryx Make 2 waist pack

https://www.amazon.com/Arcteryx-Maka...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'd prefer a single color and subdued/no logo version but looks interesting.
    I'm sure they will make a subdued version. The Hills know many people want lower profile concealed carry gear, so they offer most versions of their kit bags (the ones that aren't covered in webbing) in Manatee trimmed with black or a very grey looking foliage color. I can't remember if they come in straight black.

I'd be shocked if they didn't offer at least those staple color
    options for the fanny packs.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 08-19-2019 at 10:00 AM.

I wish Tommy's Gun Pack and KG Products would make a comeback. That HPG bag looks good tho

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I wish Tommy's Gun Pack and KG Products would make a comeback. That HPG bag looks good tho
    Yes, the most recent iterations of Tommy's Gun Pack were excellent packs for use while exercising. The small size had plenty of room for a Glock 26 or Sig P365, wallet, keys, smart phone, and handheld light, and was sized similarly to a conventional fanny pack.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 08-20-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Was browsing Amazon and saw this Pet Sling thing . Of course the first thing that pops into my head is, is that you could easily stash a full size duty gun, mags, and God knows what else, in addition to an attack tactical ankle biter in that thing.

I'm using the 5.11 fanny pack to carry my G19 in certain situations. It is small and does not scream gun IMHO. The downside is it does not carry much more than the pistol itself. For safety reasons I use a kydex trigger guard holster with the lanyard shortened and fastened inside the pack. On the draw I can rip the pack open with the nylon tab, grab the grip and pull the pistol free of the pack and the trigger guard holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some might argue that the 5.11 logo on the main compartment is the tell. Whether that constitutes a "scream" or not is subject to debate I suppose.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The little logo in of itself may not be an issue. The “tactical low infrared heat signature” material, the 2” belt webbing, and the extra pouches festooned with pull tabs may however, stand out a bit.

The best solution for me on this was to modify a standard Eastpak cordura pouch. Had the Mrs sew heavy duty velcro onto the inside back of the pouch. I then used either a similarly modified Galco TuckThis, or a velcro strap system from another “more tactical” pouch. It’s blue, looks dorky, and over many years of use never got a second look. I would loop the strap through a belt loop and/or around my belt to get a bit of security from theft. Never wore it with a tux either. That would have looked really, really dorky....
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Some might argue that the 5.11 logo on the main compartment is the tell. Whether that constitutes a "scream" or not is subject to debate I suppose.
    That’s true but only gun folks are familiar with the 5.11 brand. A knife or pair of scissors takes care of that.
    Last edited by 4given; 08-27-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    That’s true but only gun folks are familiar with the 5.11 brand. A knife or pair of scissors takes care of that.
    Back in the late 80's, (in Miami), the easiest way to spot a DEA agent or other Fed was by the leather man purse they carried. It was an interesting time to be sure. Some bad guys make it their business to know what to look for. The others don't usually last as long.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List