Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Slide Stop and Premature Lock-Backs?

Can't use them for the same reasons.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It sucks cause I really like the Vickers part. After I switched back to OEM I tried a slew of other slide locks, including some very doofy shit that looked like etsy projects. I even ruined a couple of parts with pliers trying to replicate that solid ledge feeling, to no avail. I settled on the OEM extended release, it doesn't seem to slip when wet like the standard release, but I got spoiled by the feel of the Vickers part and I wish someone would make a clone without the issues.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Wow, I had not heard of so many issues from so many different legit shooters with the Vickers SS. I will have to keep my eyes open on this issue.

From my personal experience, I have had zero issues with mine. All my Glocks sport them. I had one bad mag follower which turned out to be the culprit for a perceived SS issue, but that's about it. Prior to the Vickers part being released, I utilized the extended OEM SS. Even after concentrating/working on my support hand position, those would give me more problems than not.

Actually was just dry firing a bone stock pistol and found the regular OEM to not be as bad as I remembered. Lots of choices for sure beyond those already mentioned.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I just use the Glock 34 extended release and some 3M safety tape to help anchor my weak hand and prevent unintentional activation.
    Gonna try this. I'm not gonna go and NOT modify a gun based on IDPA SSP but making changes that throw me out generally cost a lot more when you wanna do them to 5-10 guns. This is free and cheap, if it works it works.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I used the Vickers slide stop extensively on several pistols and had no issues. THEN I had several that were manufactured wrong and did not work or fit properly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I used the Vickers slide stop extensively on several pistols and had no issues. THEN I had several that were manufactured wrong and did not work or fit properly.
    The first time I saw that suggested on another forum a company rep told the guy his gun(s) were more likely out of spec. True story.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Gonna try this. I'm not gonna go and NOT modify a gun based on IDPA SSP but making changes that throw me out generally cost a lot more when you wanna do them to 5-10 guns. This is free and cheap, if it works it works.
    Works beautifully for me. And you're right...it's cheap as chips.

Strategically applied 3M Safety Tape is a fantastic bang-for-buck modification, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The first time I saw that suggested on another forum a company rep told the guy his gun(s) were more likely out of spec. True story.
    That's a particularly stupid answer, IMO...but there is a nugget of truth there. Gun companies often make small dimensional changes on pistols that can impact the fit and function of aftermarket parts. They don't usually tell anyone when they do this so it can logically lead to a lot of confusion.
    3/15/2016

Works beautifully for me. And you're right...it's cheap as chips.

Strategically applied 3M Safety Tape is a fantastic bang-for-buck modification, IMO.
    Can you take a picture of what you're doing? I played with my 3M tape and I think I'm doing it wrong.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Pretty much that.

EDIT - also, GRIP-ZONE!!!!!
    3/15/2016

That's a particularly stupid answer, IMO...but there is a nugget of truth there. Gun companies often make small dimensional changes on pistols that can impact the fit and function of aftermarket parts. They don't usually tell anyone when they do this so it can logically lead to a lot of confusion.
    That's been my experience as well. There are enough dimensional differences in Glocks of the same production run to make this a fairly routine matter of fact. Having previously done armorer duties on a fairly large number of guns of a similar lot #, I can tell you that just because the parts "fit" doesn't mean they always perform to the same level.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List