Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers Slide Stop and Premature Lock-Backs?

Great, thank you. I've got one on a 3rd gen G19 that I threw in the back of the safe after it started BTF'ing me as soon as I started shooting it. If I ever fix that issue I'll take another look at the Vickers release.

I too had issues with some early units and went back to standard, oem parts and I honestly haven't missed the Vickers part.

I use the oem extended and love it. I did have one premature lock back within the first two mags after I installed it. A word with my support hand solved that issue...

Returned to OEM slide release, fired:

- 33rds Speer Gold Dot 124gr+P
    - 140rds Federal P9HST2
    - 50rds Fiocci 115gr FMJ
    - 50rds Speer Lawman 124gr

All rounds fired without issue. The OEM release is a little difficult for me to hit, but for reliability's sake I'll make do. I went ahead and confirmed where I was hitting with the P9HST2 and then swapped my carry mags over to that load since I'm now out of Gold Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Returned to OEM slide release, fired:

- 33rds Speer Gold Dot 124gr+P
    - 140rds Federal P9HST2
    - 50rds Fiocci 115gr FMJ
    - 50rds Speer Lawman 124gr

All rounds fired without issue. The OEM release is a little difficult for me to hit, but for reliability's sake I'll make do. I went ahead and confirmed where I was hitting with the P9HST2 and then swapped my carry mags over to that load since I'm now out of Gold Dots.
    have your tried the extended oem?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    have your tried the extended oem?
    I have. My grip tends to push it down and the gun doesn't lock back, which is why I bought the Vickers parts in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm reminded how they lit into early adopters on another forum when said early adopters suggested issues with this holy accessory.
    Were they warned?

I've recently removed the Vickers slide releases because my thumbs forward grip was causing the slide to not lock back. I still think his mag release is good stuff.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Add me to the list of people who gave up on the Vickers slide stop after repeated issues with the slide locking back prematurely (G17 and G19)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I just use the Glock 34 extended release and some 3M safety tape to help anchor my weak hand and prevent unintentional activation.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List