Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vickers Slide Stop and Premature Lock-Backs?

Never.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

FWIW, I've never needed to change a stock part because of rd count. My first 19 went almost 75,000 rds before I retired it. My Gen 3 22's have gone 5-10,000 rds before something else deadlined them. My current and only Gen 4 22 is over the 3500 mark, and no sign of any issues yet. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    FWIW, I've never needed to change a stock part because of rd count. My first 19 went almost 75,000 rds before I retired it. My Gen 3 22's have gone 5-10,000 rds before something else deadlined them. My current and only Gen 4 22 is over the 3500 mark, and no sign of any issues yet. YMMV.
    Recoil springs, especially in the G3 22?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nah, I always changed them every 2-3,000 rds.

Two of the Gen 3 22's had terminal pitting in the breach face. Another broke slide locks pretty regularly, like almost every 1,000 rds. No idea why, but it was a late 90's gun, and a friend had similar experiences back then as well.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of this particular after market part.
    With my hyperhidrosis, my hands are always soaked. Working the standard slide stop was effectively impossible for me, and the Vickers part seemed like the perfect solution. I was hitherto in love with it, and am really disappointed to hear it's giving people problems. I hope Tango Down and Larry get it squared away.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I wouldn't say it's a design issue. The shape of the Vickers part is pretty close to ideal, I'd say it's more the position and lack of surrounding frame that causes the palm meat to force lock backs.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a design issue. The shape of the Vickers part is pretty close to ideal, I'd say it's more the position and lack of surrounding frame that causes the palm meat to force lock backs.
    Right or wrong, that was my personal conclusion. The Vickers part makes it much easier to intentionally lock the slide back. Unfortunately that meant it also made it much easier for me to unintentionally lock the slide back.

Have any of you talked to Jeff Cahill about these problems you've had? He's a very approachable guy, and he stands behind his products.
    I never contacted anyone at Tango Down because I just figured my grip didn't get along well with the part, and it was less than $20.

By the time I read people were bending the springs to make them work, I had already given up on them. I was tempted to try bending the spring, then decided I didn't want to dick around with a part that way, and that the OEM wasn't so bad after all.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Site Supporter
    Bending the spring is a temporary solution.

Lower FDE Glock is a vickers w slide stop, sights and mag release. Zero issues other then btf go figure. Easy fix 30274 ejectors on both guns.
    Top is a g17 shaved to accept g19 mags and stippled by me.
    If gun prematurely locks I say fix it. If it doesn't lock back it's a tap rack situation anyway fix it n get back to fighting. Imo you don't even need a a SS unless your required to lock n show clear at competition or range. All malfunctions are tap rack or rip n reload no need to lock back on a double feed just waste time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you talked to Jeff Cahill about these problems you've had? He's a very approachable guy, and he stands behind his products.
    I did not. As mentioned already I did not view it as a problem with their product but instead a concern with the Glock frame itself, not fencing in the SS. Even when I held one of Larry's guns in a class before it came out my palm meat was a personal concern. To me that's not worth the time of the mfg. of the product, it's on me. I would rank it up there with things like the BAD Lever, things I wish worked for me because they're very slick.

That said... Looking at how the G43 sits in my hand makes me wonder if it might work there.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List