Thread: Sig 227 Opinions

Sig 227 Opinions

Has anyone formed an opinion on the Sig 227 (.45 ACP)?

I have one. It has a low round count (250) with no malfunctions. It is very accurate at slow fire for me. The grip is to large for my medium size hand and is my main excuse why I can't shoot it fast and accurately at the same time. I tried to sell it once or twice locally without much luck so I keep it around for the NRA Basic Pistol class as an example of a DA/SA gun.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Do you like the P226? Do you like the P220? You'll probably feel the same about the P227.

I am, quite by accident, a Sig fan. My department does not allow SAO and the P220 was the closest I could get to my beloved 1911 that fit the requirements, and it turned out I loved it. I now own a P220, a pair of P229s, and a P245, and I don't carry anything else. Just so you are aware of my own particular prejudices.

One of my friends is with ISP, and he sometimes goes to our range with me on open shoot Fridays. He is issued the P227 and I, as stated, carry a P220 on duty. We've swapped back and forth several times, shooting our own gun and then the other's gun back to back. Other than the P227 being slightly larger in the diameter of the grip and holding 2 more rounds, they are the same gun. Neither of us see any significant differences in function or capability between the two. I've been tempted to buy one a few times, but so far have resisted the urge as it seems like a lot of cash outlay for 2 more rounds of capacity. If I was starting from scratch and didn't already own a P220, it'd be a lot more tempting. Some day I'll probably pick up an Equinox P227, though, just to have if not to carry.

User Tag List