Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G36 no more?

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    especially compared with its Bundeswehr predecessor, the G3. That rifle was fun, effective and accurate.
    They'd literally be better off going back in time and re-issuing the G3 than staying with the G36, IMHO. I hope for the sake of the German troops they get something like the 416 soon.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The G36 has always been a steaming pile of feces. Thank goodness BG Moran was not able to force the XM8 down peoples throats...
    I remember the HK booth showcasing the XM8 as "your next service rifle", almost as a done deal...

Acording to the media over here, the G36 has serious accuracy issues at distances over 100 Meters, after firing 90 shots fullauto.

Are other assault rifles (AR15, AUG, SIG 550) really better under this conditions?

Yes....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc, could you explain this to me with some more details?

I have absolutly no experience with this topic and would like to learn some more about it.

Luger, the G36s I have seen would start to wander on the zero when not even being shot full auto, just a normal carbine course where we are shooting semi-auto and the gun heats up a bit. I would not consider this level of firing rate to be anything abusive, or even unrealistic in a fight, and other weapon systems, certainly the AR15/M16 family, are in no way prone to this, nor any other modern assault rifle I have worked with such as the AKs, etc.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Chuck, how bad is the wandering zero problem? Are we talking about 4" POI movement at 100 yds, or double/triple?

It is amazing how could a system with a large POI variation could pass military tests in several nations, this is the kind of thing that would pop up even in informal "happy trigger" practice with knowledgeable amateurs.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Luger, the G36s I have seen would start to wander on the zero when not even being shot full auto, just a normal carbine course where we are shooting semi-auto and the gun heats up a bit. I would not consider this level of firing rate to be anything abusive, or even unrealistic in a fight, and other weapon systems, certainly the AR15/M16 family, are in no way prone to this, nor any other modern assault rifle I have worked with such as the AKs, etc.
    G36 trunion:

That area gets very hot on a weapon and in short order.

There's a reason why no other rifle design does it that way.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Chuck, how bad is the wandering zero problem? Are we talking about 4" POI movement at 100 yds, or double/triple?

It is amazing how could a system with a large POI variation could pass military tests in several nations, this is the kind of thing that would pop up even in informal "happy trigger" practice with knowledgeable amateurs.
    I can't find the article right now, but I read somewhere that the zero would shift 8" at 100 yds. I'll ask a friend who sent it to me to locate it.

ETA: maybe start here. Get your German Google translation ready. http://m.welt.de/politik/deutschland...ntauglich.html
    Last edited by BaiHu; 05-01-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I would have much more confidence in the report from our esteemed staff SME than a newspaper article...

User Tag List