Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: G36 no more?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HK designed and built the rifle to the specifications of the German Defense Ministry.

The defects reported are defects only when applied to standards not originally specified by the Defense Ministry (like hot weather) and if they built it better than specified, it would have been more expensive than the desired cost.

HK are not denying the fault- just their liability for it. Basically HK says we gave you exactly what you asked for because it doesn't get that hot in central Europe and Afrika Korps part II was not really a thing at the time.

It is illustrative for those wondering why our rifle and pistol test specs are hundreds of pages and testing takes years.
    It's also why if something weird like that happens, I don't end up buying it. Case in point with the EO Techs, because although I live in a fairly temperate climate, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll ALWAYS be in that climate. Use case scenario?

Example:

I have a range near me that has two circuits of sporting clays as well as a 100yd rifle range. If I'm shooting clays, I'll shoot in the morning. If I'm zeroing a rifle, I typically do that in the afternoon. If I do both in the same day guess what gets left in a hot car trunk until I pull it out and take it to the range? Even if I'm not zeroing and I happened to have zero'd with the optic at room temperature it'll mess with the optic. Now lets throw a monkey wrench in there and add the variable of doing rifle shooing while visiting family. What family am I visiting? Well that depends. Am I visiting family on the north coast of the northern Michigan peninsula or am I visiting family that's just north of Miami? Am I visiting either of those sets of family in the summer or winter? At least 3 out of the 4 possibilities of weather for visitation could be WAY out of spec with when I zero'd the rifle on a sunny 80F day at home.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ... Afrika Korps part II was not really a thing at the time.
    Dude, you are a hoot. I just choked on my frigging orange juice. Thanks for that...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Dude, you are a hoot. I just choked on my frigging orange juice. Thanks for that...

You're welcome !

User Tag List