Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    They work - whether or not its due to weight on end of barrel - or the gas is unk to me.
    I find that a light on a Glock noticeably helps to tame barrel rise, so maybe the weight is part of the equation.

9mm, especially +P, has enough gas to make a comp work pretty well, obviously more gas is more gooder, hence why guys hot-rod .38Supers and such for Unlimited guns.

A comp on a .45acp is a waste IMHO

Ref dude giving advice on this gun set-up other than Doc, not that Doc is actually "just a dentist", ask yourself if a guy like Paul Howe, Kyle Lamb or Pac McNamara told you this gun was good to go, would you trust that opinion? This guy's opinion is that solid as well.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 04-29-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

How would this do when shooting from a high pectoral index?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Huh?
    Crye Gun Clip, maybe...?

Negative - the TechnaClip or whatever.

I know three solid SMU guys who have them --- it's a niche, but I had completely discounted them as a farce until one day a few years ago, myself, F2S where meeting with some folks, and while discussing MRDS on a pistol - whipped out his Glock19 from AIWB. He had a little trigger guard thing (like a shaved VG2) on a cord - but was using the clip. Seems for some NPE stuff he found that was the best method of carry - no belt just a shoelace - entire thing was a 2 second drop and discard setup --- it also made it easy to carry in running shorts etc.
    It's a low-vis thing --- but another example of things I would have laughed out loud about until seeing a solid dude with it, and having them explain the rationale for the usage.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

On the clip above, the text at the top translates as "Do not use the clip to carry where there is a round in the chamber". Is that an attorney worried about liability or is there a real issue with AD/ND with a loaded chamber while carrying the pistol with this device?

Ahh...gotcha.

Yeah, those things were a "not only no, but HELL no" proposition before stand-alone TG covers were as available as they are now.

Dunno the fella Chuck's talking of, only know OF him...but yeah, this'd not be the first time looking at what he's got to say and thinking "Dammit, now I wanna buy a buncha #@$%^..."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    9mm, especially +P, has enough gas to make a comp work pretty well, obviously more gas is more goder, hence why guys hot-rod .38Supers and such for Unlimited guns.

A comp on a .45acp is a waste IMHO

Ref dude giving advice on this gun set-up other than Doc, not that Doc is actually "just a dentist", ask yourself if a guy like Paul Howe, Kyle Lamb or Pac McNamara told you this gun was good to go, would you trust that opinion? This guy's opinion is that solid as well.
    I would think the military shooters would pretty much use 124 gr +P exclusively?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    On the clip above, the text at the top translates as "Do not use the clip to carry where there is a round in the chamber". Is that an attorney worried about liability or is there a real issue with AD/ND with a loaded chamber while carrying the pistol with this device?
    Since it does not come with a trigger guard cover - I would assume it is legaleze to protect them when the unwashed masses jam them in and ND themselves...

I've been looking for something like this for my MRDS equipped Shield for those days when putting real pants on it too much hassle.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I would think the military shooters would pretty much use 124 gr +P exclusively?
    Not really, they have options, but US made NATO 9mm, while not really +P, is rather warm most of the time.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List