Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I hate to be all shadowy and what-not, but one of the guys Doc and I know who is testing this same set-up is a no BS tier 1 good guy with massive experience overseas shooting very real bad guys, and lots of them. It's a for real option.

This info has just made me wish I had gotten off my butt back in 2006 when I came up with the non-comped idea for this pistol and gave it a try. My hold-up was only that work wouldn't have allowed me to use it. Now that I can do what I want, that's not an issue.
    I figure opsec makes questions about your friend off limits, but are you going to try a similar set up, Chuck? On seeing Doc's photos above I had the feeling that I might very well be seeing the future, and thus the more highly trained guys who test it the better, I think. It is pretty clear to me that the future belongs to the RDS, but I hadn't considered using compacts with compensators to enable more rapid fire. At first blush, though, it has a lot of logical appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I tried the Glock 19 w/ MRDS and comped barrel a few years back. Mine was a Jaeger comp. I couldn't get it to run reliably with non +P ammo. I was using it for 3 gun. I ditched it cuz I don't reload. What kind of ammo are you guys using with this set up? Does it run 100% with good ball ammo? I tried a bit of everything - Lawman, Fiocchi, Blaser Brass, Federal. Nothing ran 100%. Loved the concept, just couldn't get it to work without reloading my own.
    I tried a KKM comp on a 17 about 11 years ago. Ran fine with factory ammo, but there was insufficient gas to make it worth it. Perhaps the shorter barrel of the 19 helps a bit in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    I tried a KKM comp on a 17 about 11 years ago. Ran fine with factory ammo, but there was insufficient gas to make it worth it. Perhaps the shorter barrel of the 19 helps a bit in that regard.
    What ammo? Subsonics have less gas pressure than +ps, and gas pressure is what makes a comp work.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My primary concerns about this general setup is shooting from retention and holster compatibility, with muzzle flash in low/no-light scenarios being a minor consideration. While it probably wouldn't be too problematic to find proper holsters for a Glock 19, I don't think I'll have the same luck trying to source a retention holster for a P30LS with a comp. That, and I have to find a quality comp threaded for 13.5×1 LH, which may prove difficult, since I don't know where to start..

Chewing at the bit to send a VP9 off to APO for an RMR milling. Doc's always reliable data and Chuck's testament to it's validity isn't helping, either. I know for me, putting a MRDS on a pistol is a slippery slope, and once I do it to one, all matters of hellfire and fury will rain down on my fun money outfitting others.

I've seen the blaster that Chuck alludes too. Guy who owns it is a no shit guy.
    His comments on low light is that the side ports with pistol ammo do not cause any issues - either with NOD's, or unaided due to the U Boat below.

It's all about being able to kill the target faster - and more efficiently.

Between the comp and the belt hook thingy on a Glock, I've seen some what I thought oddball stuff, used very effective - and explained in crystal clear messaging as to the why.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I find this thread intriguing. A G26 in similar future-proof, 19-sized CCW guise makes a ton of gut-level sense.

Site Supporter
    Very interesting...

I was always under the impression that a compensator was useless with most standard pistol rounds like 9, 40 or 45....that those guns didn't produce enough gas to make a noticeable difference in recoil.

They work - whether or not its due to weight on end of barrel - or the gas is unk to me.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    the belt hook thingy on a Glock
    Huh?
    #RESIST

User Tag List