Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

No issues with that.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

A guy who used to be on my A-detachment went to an SMU that adopted the 40 S&W. He said that they used FMJ for training but other loads on the job, so I think it's safe to consider the possibility that the pistol in question is being used with low-flash ammo, which may affect the amount of crud left behind after firing. Still curious about engagement distances, though.

Okie John

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    My take on comps is that it allows the shooter to keep his MRDS on the target during recoil, and shave time there allowing quicker transition to new targets -- to me its not making splits etc faster, its making more control over the entire engagement process.

You much better at processing information if less things are moving in and out of your LoS/Periphery.
    One of the drawbacks of the RDS is losing the dot during recoil and having to find it again...so I can see how keeping the muzzle down and the dot inside the "window" would be beneficial.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    One of the drawbacks of the RDS is losing the dot during recoil and having to find it again...so I can see how keeping the muzzle down and the dot inside the "window" would be beneficial.
    I shoot so slow, that I don't have that issue
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I experienced the same. I am not personally sold on the cost/benefits to me of having an RDS. I fully acknowledge that it works for others.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I experienced the same. I am not personally sold on the cost/benefits to me of having an RDS. I fully acknowledge that it works for others.
    Regarding this -- the rumblings I am hearing are that military contracts are at least contemplating the red dot on the service pistol, where the trend I notice amongst shooters I know, is that interest in the slide mounted red dot has declined to it being just the exception, mostly for those with eye issues. And, the reason for that is pure performance.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Regarding this -- the rumblings I am hearing are that military contracts are at least contemplating the red dot on the service pistol, where the trend I notice amongst shooters I know, is that interest in the slide mounted red dot has declined to it being just the exception, mostly for those with eye issues. And, the reason for that is pure performance.
    I am not sold on the current red dot for pistols except for shooting at a distance. But I have little doubt that the technology will continue to improve and that within X years dots (or their successor technology, whatever that is) will be on most higher performance pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good for them, TCinVA and I both tried KevinB's setup and it didn't work for either of us.
    #RESIST

In my opinion, the red dot on a service pistol is at about the same point as the RDS was on rifles several years ago. The technology is constantly improving as more and more people use them and discover changes that are needed.

I also agree that currently it is a valid option for some, and yet some can function well without them. I believe that in about 15 years, just like defensive AR carbines, you'll see more people with a RDS on a handgun that not.

I personally have mature (over 50 years old) eyes. The RMR concept on a defensive pistol would bring a lot to the table for me. But the only thing preventing me from installing an RMR on all of my carry guns is that I am still a LEO in an agency mandating that I carry an issued M&P9. They will not permit me to mount an RMR on their gun. And I don't want to rely on an RMR equipped pistol when off duty, only to have to carry a non-RMR equipped gun when at work.

I fully intend to send off a Glock 19 and have an RMR installed shortly before I retire. I want to be able to carry it the day after I retire...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    In my opinion, the red dot on a service pistol is at about the same point as the RDS was on rifles several years ago. The technology is constantly improving as more and more people use them and discover changes that are needed.
    Not sure about "several" years ago. My Comp III Aimpoints were nearly a 100 percent solution for long gun use. Lost track, but weren't they around like 15+/- years ago?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List