Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

The thing is that I got about 3 different answers to the same question. And every person that says User X gave a good answer goes on to state something completely different.
    The answers so far:
    1) It takes time to test gear because the risk is greater i.e. in competition you lose a match in SD you lose your life.
    2) Even elite units be it police or military have to contend with logistics.
    3) The idea was good but the execution was poor, the technology just wasn't there yet.
    4) There were tests but whether something was implemented or not wasn't discussed on an open forum.

So which one is it?

Hello, I am new forum guy. I would like a simple answer to a complex multifaceted question regarding why something has not yet happened. Please reduce your answer to one of the following categories: practical, institutional, technological, or secret squirrel.

I will only accept one answer; because clearly, a nonocurrence cannot have multiple causations, at least, that is not something that the Internet can accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakombo View Post
    The thing is that I got about 3 different answers to the same question. And every person that says User X gave a good answer goes on to state something completely different.
    The answers so far:
    1) It takes time to test gear because the risk is greater i.e. in competition you lose a match in SD you lose your life.
    2) Even elite units be it police or military have to contend with logistics.
    3) The idea was good but the execution was poor, the technology just wasn't there yet.
    4) There were tests but whether something was implemented or not wasn't discussed on an open forum.

So which one is it?
    Rakombo, who here do you label in your mind as speaking for the "SD community?" Furthermore, are you the competitive community's designated representative?

Is there any way we as gun owners can rise above this silly and divisive "us and them" nonsense?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Hello, I am new forum guy. I would like a simple answer to a complex multifaceted question regarding why something has not yet happened. Please reduce your answer to one of the following categories: practical, institutional, technological, or secret squirrel.

I will only accept one answer; because clearly, a nonocurrence cannot have multiple causations, at least, that is not something that the Internet can accept.
    Christ. Yes, that is exactly what I want, an oversimplification of a complex issue. It has nothing to do with solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The difference is in need. The RDS provides things in a fight that offset the perceived or real lack of split speed. Competition will not show the things that matter in this regard.
    What I would like to see is the exact spec for what is trying to be accomplished, and then discuss and test that. Without knowing the exact spec and who and how it is tested it is hard to evaluate.

As just one example, consider use in low light and darkness with NVG stuff, which is apparently a priority. Based on my testing, which is obviously a fraction of what has been done, I would prefer my Sig 226 with the CT military model, waterproof, dual IR and visible laser grips to my 226 upper with the RMR. The dual laser works great in low and no light with the visible laser, or in darkness with my -14, and brings virtually no downsides, compared to the RMR which has a number of downsides. It should pretty easy to test this and figure out whether my experience is normal or abnormal.

Just the other day, I shot a G4 17 with HD sight against an otherwise identical G4 17 with an RMR at eight inch steel at 50 yards. I found no difference to a slight advantage with the iron sights in terms of hit rate. Not that surprising, because the primary issue with hitting an 8 inch target at 50 yards with a Glock is trigger control, and the RMR is either a non-factor or slight negative with trigger control.

You could go on and on down the spec list and figure out what was trying to be accomplished and what the testing showed, across a variety of shooters of different skill levels.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Christ. Yes, that is exactly what I want, an oversimplification of a complex issue. It has nothing to do with solidarity.
    Solidarity with regards to whom?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

So which one is it?
    Considering that in this thread touched on three very different categories (dots, comps, and even carbine handguards), If shouldn't be surprising that there were varied answers.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just the other day, I shot a G4 17 with HD sight against an otherwise identical G4 17 with an RMR at eight inch steel at 50 yards. I found no difference to a slight advantage with the iron sights in terms of hit rate. Not that surprising, because the primary issue with hitting an 8 inch target at 50 yards with a Glock is trigger control, and the RMR is either a non-factor or slight negative with trigger control.
    I can't see crap at 50 yards; I wonder if an RMR would help with the visual side enough that I could isolate the trigger control effort?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rakombo View Post
    the thing is that i got about 3 different answers to the same question. And every person that says user x gave a good answer goes on to state something completely different.
    The answers so far:
    1) it takes time to test gear because the risk is greater i.e. In competition you lose a match in sd you lose your life.
    2) even elite units be it police or military have to contend with logistics.
    3) the idea was good but the execution was poor, the technology just wasn't there yet.
    4) there were tests but whether something was implemented or not wasn't discussed on an open forum.

So which one is it?
    all of the above.
    3/15/2016

Doc, do you know of anyone is in the process of making a quick detach suppressor/compensator system for the KKM barrel? I'm assuming now that this is being vetted properly as a viable concept, that would be the next logical progression?

User Tag List