Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Right, trigger reset and finger off the trigger. In strong hand I grip it tightly and with my offhand I pinch the slide back at the slide serrations and try to rock it sideways.

I got a GSSF award Gen 4 G35 in last winter (random draw, I didn't actually "win" it). Dang if it didn't wiggle a bit. I shot it once with a couple loads. Couldn't coax anything better than 4-5" out of it.

But I have a Gen 4 G31 that has shot lights out for precision (I've gotten 2-3" offhand - several times with four of the five in an inch) and it's rock solid tight - side to side. So I moved the Gen 4 G35 slide assembly to the G31's frame to attempt to isolate whether the slide was the variance or the frame. The G35's slide wiggled the same amount on my G31 frame as it did on it's own frame.

So I drew the conclusion that the issue was with the slide - but I could be wrong about that.
    Interesting. I just checked through a few of my guns to see if any did this. Only one - my newest Gen4G17 - had any wiggle. G4 G35 and G3 G17RTF were both solid. I only just got the G4G17 recently and I definitely was having a harder time with it than I was with my 35, but accuracy was more or less on par (or better) than my Gen3G17 that has no wiggle.

More concerning is that this G4G17 seems to be shooting more to the left than the rest of my glocks (i.e. I am thinking it's not me). I keep looking at the muzzle and it seems like it is possible that either the front sight hole is off center or the bore itself is off center, but part of it might be just me looking at it for long enough to go crosseyed...

I'll give it a good shake out next time I hit the range.

Just checked my G19Gen4. Very little wiggle up and down. No wiggle side to side. Guess I have no good excuses for shooting a 5ish" group at 25yds a few days ago...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Just checked my G19Gen4. Very little wiggle up and down. No wiggle side to side. Guess I have no good excuses for shooting a 5ish" group at 25yds a few days ago...
    hey, I would be pretty happy with 5" at 25yd myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Amen to that!
    Shumba

Even with OEM barrels, G19's seem to shoot OK at 25 yds:

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, well, when there are people out there doing <4" @ 25yds with irons on a sunny day just standing around that tells me I've got some practicing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Yeah, well, when there are people out there doing <4" @ 25yds with irons on a sunny day just standing around that tells me I've got some practicing to do.
    I think being able to keep all your rounds in a B8 bull (5.5") at 25 yards is a decent standard. I'd like to say I always meet that standard, but shooting groups at 25 yards is one of the most frustrating exercises for me. Part of my frustration are range conditions - I routinely must shoot on an indoor range with less than ideal lighting both in the booth and down range. While I don't yet wear glasses, my eyesight certainly is not as sharp as it used to be. The dim light makes for a less distinct front sight and a blob of a target. I have no trouble shooting 1" squares at 7 yards with irons, but past 15 yards my groups really start opening up. I don't seem to have this problem on outdoor ranges, and I've won the occasional walkback drills at classes ringing steel or shooting index cards from much further out. Sunlight makes a real difference in my shooting at longer distances.

The discussion on shooting for groups at 25 yards is probably worthy of its own thread, but to tie it back to the topic at hand...the MRDS really makes an impact on my 25 yard shooting, especially indoors. I've done my best 25 yard shooting in years with the MRDS equipped Glock.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by David Pennington View Post
    I remember you telling me about that 10 years ago. I recall it exactly how you relayed it.
    Thanks dude, I could swear that was the deal from back then, but she doesn't remember the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Thanks dude, I could swear that was the deal from back then, but she doesn't remember the conversation.
    You don't have a chance of winning this one. A wife's recollection trumps a husband's, regardless of guy witnesses.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Her male teammate did the same, fwiw, but I don't remember the details off hand. It had to do with how the trigger fit the frame, iirc. I'll ask.

Point being that the frame controls a lot of what goes on in a Glock, and simply dropping a nice trigger (or doing some kind of a trigger job) won't always give you the results you want. Frame fit was a critical component. Both of them shot essentially stock triggers as well.
    I'm trying to find the thread and recall who was doing it, but I seem to recall a forum member (perhaps Mr_White?) was experimenting with the effect of several different trigger housings on Glock trigger pulls, which I think speaks to your point of variances in how the trigger fits with the frame.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List