Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think being able to keep all your rounds in a B8 bull (5.5") at 25 yards is a decent standard. I'd like to say I always meet that standard, but shooting groups at 25 yards is one of the most frustrating exercises for me. Part of my frustration are range conditions - I routinely must shoot on an indoor range with less than ideal lighting both in the booth and down range. While I don't yet wear glasses, my eyesight certainly is not as sharp as it used to be. The dim light makes for a less distinct front sight and a blob of a target. I have no trouble shooting 1" squares at 7 yards with irons, but past 15 yards my groups really start opening up. I don't seem to have this problem on outdoor ranges, and I've won the occasional walkback drills at classes ringing steel or shooting index cards from much further out. Sunlight makes a real difference in my shooting at longer distances.
    Lighting is HUGE, mostly because indoor ranges lights hit the rear sight but leave the front sight in the gloom. You'll do far better on an outdoor range. In fact, most pistol ranges are built with a shed roof to cover the shooters while the targets are out in the light, which is pretty much the ideal setup for shooting small groups at long range.

The discussion on shooting for groups at 25 yards is probably worthy of its own thread...(SNIP)
    Seek and ye shall find. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ght=yard+group

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I reunited with an older Gen 4 17 with a RMR 02 this afternoon. I pulled the optic, changed the battery even though the dot looked fine, as it has been at least three years on the same battery. I then shot three successive five shot groups like this at 25 yards with AE 124 ball.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

the rmr seems like it would help me quite a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    the rmr seems like it would help me quite a bit..
    Sure helps me. I got bored shooting an 8 inch at 50 this afternoon, and started shooting it support hand only.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sure helps me. I got bored shooting an 8 inch at 50 this afternoon, and started shooting it support hand only.
    where are you getting your rmr 06s?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    where are you getting your rmr 06s?
    One from Mark Housel and a couple on GunBroker. Kind of scarce now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One from Mark Housel and a couple on GunBroker. Kind of scarce now.
    How many rounds do you have through yours and how are they holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    How many rounds do you have through yours and how are they holding up?
    Not enough to say -- few thousand through two, with a third back at Trijicon for a disappearing dot since I unboxed it.
    Last edited by GJM; 05-06-2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Spell better

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Even with OEM barrels, G19's seem to shoot OK at 25 yds:

So, with that group, are you going to drift your sights right a bit to center it up or call it good? Or was it lighting related?

I've gotten to where I zero irons under completely neutral light and reconfirm my zero several times before I'm happy. Achieving a good, hard zero is an area where MRDS really shine on pistols.

I think being able to keep all your rounds in a B8 bull (5.5") at 25 yards is a decent standard. I'd like to say I always meet that standard, but shooting groups at 25 yards is one of the most frustrating exercises for me. Part of my frustration are range conditions - I routinely must shoot on an indoor range with less than ideal lighting both in the booth and down range. While I don't yet wear glasses, my eyesight certainly is not as sharp as it used to be. The dim light makes for a less distinct front sight and a blob of a target. I have no trouble shooting 1" squares at 7 yards with irons, but past 15 yards my groups really start opening up. I don't seem to have this problem on outdoor ranges, and I've won the occasional walkback drills at classes ringing steel or shooting index cards from much further out. Sunlight makes a real difference in my shooting at longer distances.

The discussion on shooting for groups at 25 yards is probably worthy of its own thread, but to tie it back to the topic at hand...the MRDS really makes an impact on my 25 yard shooting, especially indoors. I've done my best 25 yard shooting in years with the MRDS equipped Glock.
    That's sorta part of my problem. There really aren't any good outdoor ranges for pistol in my area. No place to shoot steel. The one outdoor range I do have access to is completely static, only allows 6 rounds total in your magazine regardless of firearm, and only allows you to squeeze off 1 round every 2 seconds tops. At least with the indoor ranges I have access to I can do mozambiques, double taps, various other drills, but it's still static. But yeah, poor light, shooting at a B8, it's not easy.

User Tag List