Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Greg Abbott Responds to Jade Helm 15 Paranoia....

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Whatever; the problem with discussing this sort of thing is that neither side can PROVE a damn thing.

How I'm expected to prove a negative is beyond me.

So, what's the big deal about him being on the CFR?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    As has been stated, special operations folks have been training in the US for ages. It is very helpful. I organized one in my city. US special operations troops were given a mission to insert into an area and use a AA missile to shoot down a high value aircraft in an Eastern European country, and then successfully exfil. My cops were tasked with locating a terrorist cell trying to shoot down a passenger jet. All done at night. Do you think everyone benefited from facing tough opponents. Having cops working against highly trained special operations troops instead of actors or other cops was of huge benefit. The special operations guys had never worked against Eastern European trained dog teams and "enemy" air assets with FliR capability. A big difference than what they had been doing in the Middle East. This really helped everybody and it was of huge benefit to both, especially with a combined AAR at the end. When everyone trains against better than you are likely to face, then it is a win.

If we ever have to put troops into Eastern European cities working a unconventional conflict against the Russians, I will be glad that they trained to this in Texas, where I would like to think we are bigger bad asses than the Russians.
    That would be some great training. I'd love to be an "Eastern European" dog team. We had SEALs in our city last year for two weeks. One of our SWAT guys is a former SEAL. They "took over" our training academy and staged there. They had dog teams there and we were supposed to get to see them work but that never happened. I was disappointed about that.

We had Marines do a full blown scenario in our downtown area. They had sniper teams up hidden for several days before they started a sniper initiated live fire hostage rescue scenario in an old city building. They had targets on rifle plates throughout. After they were done they let us train on it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

It was good for the mil guys to try to deal with the dogs, and good for the dog guys to see the countermeasures the military guys came up with. It was also good for the helo guys to work them as well. So essentially the local cops and the military both benefited and became better and nobody ended up in a FEMA camp.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm several days behind on this thread, sorry.

The are a few different books with that title. Is this the one you are referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/True-Believer-...=true+believer
    That's the one. Hoffer was on to something.

The psychology of what drives people to belive in a cause (political, religious, environmental, social, conspiratorial) is pretty well laid out.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

It was good for the mil guys to try to deal with the dogs, and good for the dog guys to see the countermeasures the military guys came up with. It was also good for the helo guys to work them as well. So essentially the local cops and the military both benefited and became better and nobody ended up in a FEMA camp.
    Thinking about this more, there has always been some crossover training. For example, the SO bomb squad all went to the Army EOD school for part of their initial training. We also sent guys to training run by a reserve SF company. It's a way for both to get training they might not get any other way and there's no hidden agenda.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

. . . nobody ended up in a FEMA camp.
    That's a shame. I have a list of politicians I'm hoping will end up in a FEMA camp. It would have been a perfect location for your junior senator from California, not to mention the Congress critter from San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I don't follow such things. What is a FEMA camp?
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FEMA_concentration_camps

"FEMA concentration camps exist in the mind of a particularly loopy bunch of conspiracy theorists who believe that mass internment facilities have been built across the continental United States by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in preparation for a future declaration of martial law."

But now that you know "the secret", I will have to put you on the FEMA round up list for disposal... wait, did I say "disposal"??.... Not disposal...re-education...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I didn't see a link to Chris Hernandez' latest: Operation Jade Helm: All Your Texas are Belong to Us! | chrishernandezauthor

In which he declares that, henceforth, tin foil hats shall be known as "Jade Helmets."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List