Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need female holster help for Glock 42

Need female holster help for Glock 42

My wife really likes her G42.

She is bugging me to help her find a holster.

I, however, do not have the body of a petite female and what is comfortable for me, is not comfortable for her.

She is looking for something OWB, clip/J-hook attached (no belt loops), with adjustable cant (so she can try out different locations).

I don't her I didn't think such a holster exists, but that is what she wants. I would prefer lower cost because I don't figure she will like it once she tries it and will eventually listen to me and get a IWB holster.

Any ideas?

Nope. Can't suggest something that meets those specs but I do have a Talon Tactical A10 owb I use on occasion. It is straight drop and I had Mike make it with a split belt loop rather than the usual tunnel so I could position it around a stray belt loop if necessary. It holds secure and close to the body.

Site Supporter
    I got two from JM Customs, IWB #3. Great holsters, if your wife doesn't like it you can sell it for cost or slightly less.

Works great for carry around the property but ymmv.

Cookie Monster

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/Ladies.html
    I don't know anyone who has tried these but the holsters for men are good to go.

Female friend has one custom made, she carries SOB. Nearly invisible.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Female friend has one custom made, she carries SOB. Nearly invisible.
    Straight drop or canted?

My wife has mentioned this before, we met a very petite female cop that was CCW this way at our favorite gun store and it was nigh invisible too. I only noticed it because she bent over to pick something up and her shirt rode up some.

I didn't get a chance to ask her what holster she was using.

My wife carries a 42, IWB behind her hip, with a Custom Carry Concepts, Quick Cover. Works great.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Straight drop or canted?

My wife has mentioned this before, we met a very petite female cop that was CCW this way at our favorite gun store and it was nigh invisible too. I only noticed it because she bent over to pick something up and her shirt rode up some.

I didn't get a chance to ask her what holster she was using.
    Its ok to say you were lookin at her ass.

Yea its a straight drop.

Il get a picture and post it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Mrs. SC carries a compact 1911 at 4:30ish in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I dont care for using one from a comfort standpoint but she loves it. The holster is going on five years old, has held up very well, and has lots of adjustability.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    My wife really likes her G42.

She is looking for something OWB, clip/J-hook attached (no belt loops), with adjustable cant (so she can try out different locations).

Any ideas?
    I'm not sure an OWB with clips/J-hook exists, or will work. Perhaps some variant of paddle holster?

I would recommend looking at holsters designed by and for women:

http://www.soterialeather.com/

http://flashbangstore.com/t/the-pinup-collection
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List