Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt teeters on edge of bankruptcy, missed the "Obama bloom"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What is the likely outcome for employees when Colt declares bankruptcy...and especially employees in their 50s who can't really "restart" and are heavily invested into retirement?
    A good question and one that impacts a huge population in the factory, since that describes what I'd call the average demographic in that facility.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    A good question and one that impacts a huge population in the factory, since that describes what I'd call the average demographic in that facility.
    Doesn't sound good for them.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Hopefully......some wealthy Texans will buy Colt, move it to he Republic, leave the politics and union contracts behind, modernize in a new efficient factory designed around QC and modern efficiency, and leave a ton of fat and old thinking in Connecticut.
    Maybe we should all pitch in and start a business and have all PFrs move to Texas?
    What is the likely outcome for employees when Colt declares bankruptcy...and especially employees in their 50s who can't really "restart" and are heavily invested into retirement?
    They're effed. The days of a company protecting itself and its employees over the long haul is pretty dead and gone.

Welcome to the world of leveraged buy outs. Those who don't need the money can get it cheap and those who need the money can't get a penny.

Someone will buy, consolidate, and refinance the debt and move on. If the workers are lucky (like luckier than pharmaceutical folk-they've been getting crushed on this front) some of them might get jobs. Most will be fired due to redundancy and technology.

Yup, that's 5% unemployment in a booming US economy these days. The hell with reality, we own media outlets. Disinformation for all! /rant

And yes, Colt is certainly culpable, because they somehow made no money in the 5 year gun boom. Morons. The rest still stands on its own.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Hopefully......some wealthy Texans will buy Colt, move it to he Republic, leave the politics and union contracts behind, modernize in a new efficient factory designed around QC and modern efficiency, and leave a ton of fat and old thinking in Connecticut.
    So much this!

Texas is crushing it with corporate courting at the state level. So many good reasons for a business to be in the Lone Star these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need to get some rich Texas firearms enthusiasts in touch with Colt AND HK, like right now.
    "Heckler & Colt plant to open in Texas" sounds good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    We need to get some rich Texas firearms enthusiasts in touch with Colt AND HK, like right now.
    "Heckler & Colt plant to open in Texas" sounds good, right?
    Like!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Like!
    Anyone 'round here got $300 million in spare change?

I suppose Pistol-Forum Holdings LLC could be funded if we sold some members' collectible 1911s.Just remember, its for the children.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Anyone 'round here got $300 million in spare change?

I suppose Pistol-Forum Holdings LLC could be funded if we sold some members' collectible 1911s.Just remember, its for the children.
    The bright side is if we crowd fund the purchase of HK, we would probably get guns at cost. But I guess that would be like buying a 747 to get free peanuts.
    Taking a break from social media.

Oh but is the pension fund really funded? If you are thinking of Office people it looks like thay added nothing of value and if you are worried about union people ask the union what it is going to do for them.
    I hope Colt as a manufactured and a brand survives as for the rest bah!

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List