Thread: Colt teeters on edge of bankruptcy, missed the "Obama bloom"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Maybe 6720s will hit $400 NIB.
    Bankruptcy fire sale! I love the idea.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Maybe 6720s will hit $400 NIB.
    Forget 6720's...

I want to see the fire sale prices on their series 70 1911's!

From the 1911 Forum: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=489187

Just an fyi .
    In the last week , Colt has lowered prices to their distributors on many of their "O" frame models . If you're shopping , check around for the new lower prices .
    That said , Custom Shop guns and Gold Cups stayed the same or went up slightly .
    I also believe some models were discontinued .
    This is the list I received from my distributor . He told me that Colt would not accept further orders for them ,, so I figure the meaning is disc .

O6790 , O7810D , O7810DCT , O1070XSE , O1092XSE , O1880XSE , O1980XSE , O4012XSE , O4662XSE , LE901FDE-16SE , LE901-18SE

Just heard today that Colt has filed for bankruptcy.

I can’t find anything online to confirm so it may just be rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I would buy two more
    "Yes, honey, my $400 gun needs a $500 optic. No, I'm not your dad, honest!"

Supposedly - from this article - http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/10/news...lt-bankruptcy/

Colt has until June 14th to attempt to pay the debt repayment they missed. I will be expecting a bankruptcy announcement on June 15.

The CNN article points out $250 million in bonds and $102 million in debt. Assuming bankruptcy allows them to eliminate a portion of it, someone it going to have to buy Colt for 150-200 million dollars. The only people playing that game are Smith and Wesson and Ruger or potential non-firearm company owning investors.

I bet Smith and Wesson is sorry that they didn't buy Colt when it first filed Chapter 11 in 1992 and sold for 25 million...

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I bet Smith and Wesson is sorry that they didn't buy Colt when it first filed Chapter 11 in 1992 and sold for 25 million...

-Rob
    Well, the present Smith wasn't around in 1992. Smith then was a subsidiary of a British corporation; it was later bought by (if I remember, and spell, correctly) Safe T Lok. But getting Colt's intellectual property for $25 million would have been a good deal, I think.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Colt, Remington, what's the difference really?
    You are kidding, aren't you? There is a world of difference between those two brands. It takes too much time to do it here, but if you are truly in the dark on this, PM me with your cell number and I'll explain it to you.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Hopefully......some wealthy Texans will buy Colt, move it to he Republic, leave the politics and union contracts behind, modernize in a new efficient factory designed around QC and modern efficiency, and leave a ton of fat and old thinking in Connecticut.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

What is the likely outcome for employees when Colt declares bankruptcy...and especially employees in their 50s who can't really "restart" and are heavily invested into retirement?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List