Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bighorn, Land Cruisers, guns, and mountains..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Beauty. And well done photo. Not all glinty in the sun.

Trying to get WifeGBiv to consider ID once the kids have left the nest. Beautiful place.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Even though snow scares me, I am jealous and really wish for that life. Great stuff.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Boy do I miss that country.

Also, nice wood stocks! What wood and maker is that?
    Thanks.

They are Lone star grips @

http://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com/

Wow, Lone Star has some amazing looking stocks, thanks for sharing.

Folks who grow up East of the mighty Mississippi and are fond of hunting often dream of hunting big game "out West." I was certainly no exception. All through my college years, the number one Western game animal I wanted to hunt was Bighorn Sheep. Elk is a lot more common dream, but for some reason, sheep hunting absolutely fascinated me. Your pics were a nice warm cup of nostalgia for me. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful country, thanks!

Not all riches can be found in a bank.

As always, thank you for taking the time to post these photos. They are like cool water for my thirsty soul.

Landcruiser, guns, and the beautiful country. That's the dream right there. Thanks for sharing!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I always wondered who was living my dream, now I know where it went.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Thanks for the compliments Friends.

The area around my cabin is indeed beautiful. Very, very rough country during certain times of the year. Two years ago during a December cow elk hunt, I checked the temp at 19 below with a wind chill factor of -41 to -45 below. One has to be careful about what you do in those conditions. Just sticking your ungloved hands in an elk's carcass while handling a knife can be risky as often you have no feelings in your fingers. I had previously been working my way up a steep face, when I realized that I could not even tell if I was wiggling my toes. Had to stop in a spot sheltered from the wind and get a good fire going to unthaw my feet. Even building fires in those conditions can be a challenge.

The cabin was a life long dream. It is a very small and simple affair, but overbuilt to withstand the extreme weather changes and require minimal maintenance. The only way I was able to purchase the acreage and build on it was through contracting overseas. Im very glad to have the place now, as it can be passed to the kids, who seem to love the outdoors a much as their old man.

enough talk, more pics of the area...

My dad, in his mid 70s, he is still climbing mountains and killing elk like a Boss!

My dad and daughter who Loves to hunt with her Papa!

Cabin neighbors:

User Tag List