Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glocks and JHP

If it's cheap enough you can buy it, use it for shooting, proof your gun for that as a carry load.

Oldtex, thanks for the info.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

On Chuck's recommendation, I standardized on the Gold Dot 124+P load 2-3 years ago. I have run it through more platforms than I can remember, and a boat load of Glock pistols my wife and I use. Never a single problem with that load, and it seems quite accurate in a wide variety of pistols. I also bought in to the idea that +P might be more reliable in a dirty gun, or a compromised shooting position.

Interestingly, I shot my carry 19 this afternoon (G4, Apex extractor, yet to have a stoppage in well over 1,000 rounds), one hand, because that is what I am doing for a few weeks to try to fix my left elbow. Shooting AE 124 ball, it ran, but was sprinkling brass every where. In contrast, the 320 shucked the brass out like it meant it.
    Last edited by GJM; 04-28-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interestingly, I shot my carry 19 this afternoon (G4, Apex extractor, yet to have a stoppage in well over 1,000 rounds), one hand, because that is what I am doing for a few weeks to try to fix my left elbow. Shooting AE 124 ball, it ran, but was sprinkling brass every where. In contrast, the 320 shucked the brass out like it meant it.
    One of my Gen 4 G19s with the APEX and appropriate SLB gives me lawn-sprinkler ejection with Blazer Aluminum 124gr, and only that load (so far). I got nailed pretty hard in the face a couple of times the other weekend at class, and once on the range earlier this week. Same gun spits out everything from cheap Wal Mart 115gr (Perfecta, WWB, Federal Champion) to Speer Lawman 124gr to 124gr+P and 147gr HST with consistency, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    I have two Gen 4 G19s, each using the APEX extractor + non-LCI SLB that have successfully done 500rds of FMJ chased by 100rds of P9HST3 (the "can I carry this thing?" test for me) over the course of a couple days. One of those guns also fed a box of P9HST2 (147gr) just fine, as well as two boxes each of old 124gr+P Gold Dot and 147gr Gold Dot (gold boxes). Both guns have fired at least 40 rounds of the Barnes TAC-XPD 115gr+P stuff as well. No stoppages on either gun.

As an aside, has Speer Gold Dot undergone any major changes since... 2001 or so? I've got a line on a bunch of 124gr+P GD that a guy I know has kept in an ammo can. Lot numbers say that the stuff's dated anywhere from 2001 to 2004, and it's all in the old boxes. I read about a hard primer issue from fall 2001-summer 2002, but none of the boxes I've seen fell within the lot numbers Speer recalled.
    There was a recall in 2001-2002 due to primer reliability issues: http://greent.com/40Page/general/speer-recall.htm

User Tag List