Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Economical Warm Weather Boot Socks

Ordered these Darn Tough athletic socks for my wife. Timely thread is timely.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The 4 pack of 70% merino wool socks from COSTCO at 13ish for a 4 pack served me and my son well last summer during our 100 mile hike at the Philmont Scout Reservation.

SmatWool, Darn Tough and other preimium brands can often be had at 50% off retail from Sierra Trading Post. If you give them an email, you will get near daily discount codes.
    such that multiple codes may be active at the same time (ie 35 % of one item and free shipping over 75.00% v. 35% off on the whole order v 45% off select items with 2.99 shipping etcfor orders over 100.00 etc.) For smaller orders, I have found that the 30% off the entire order with .99 cent shipping, no minimum is often the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by looseduke View Post
    I can't say I have used them for years, but Costco has also excellent wool socks backed by their amazing warranty.

+1000

Have a couple dozen pairs. 4 Pairs for around $20. 70% Merino Wool, made in the USA and very durable. Pretty much all I wear, Winter or Summer.

Sporting some darn tough socks today, wish I had a Costco in my area.....

Ebay...some sellers on there with Costco Wool Socks. A couple bucks more than at the store but many had free shipping.

Looks like a trip to the sock aisle is in order the next time I go to Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    These are my favorite boot socks.

I've tried most of what's available at Dick's. Columbia fell apart, wigwam was too thin, UA was pretty good but felt too hot.

I live in Georgia and don't do a ton of hiking. A long hike for me is 20-30 miles. My feet tend to sweet a lot and I have never liked wool. The thorlos military boot socks have been awesome at keeping my feet dry. I also have a UA military boot sock which is very thin and good for hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Ebay...some sellers on there with Costco Wool Socks. A couple bucks more than at the store but many had free shipping.
    Just placed an order for 4 pair on ebay....thk u all very much for the feedback

User Tag List