Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALG ACT trigger

ALG ACT trigger

I recently installed the ALG defense ACT trigger in my AR and I'm really enjoying it so far.
    What it came with:
    The kit comes with two springs and pins for the hammer, one that is for a 4 1/2 pound spring and the other that is rated at 6 pounds. The trigger, hammer, and dis-connector are all coated and rounded off nicely.
    What I'm using as far as springs:
    I currently have the purple (4 1/2 pound) spring in and I was really surprised by the difference.
    Comparing it to other triggers:
    I have only ever shot either brand new or well worn mil spec triggers (the m4 I had on my first trip down range had been in Fallujah and was pretty nice). This trigger blows them out of the water. The take up is very clean and I can actually just roll through it slowly and deliberately, almost like rolling through the Glock trigger. The reset is a little different and if your used to the strong reset of the mil-spec spring its going to take a little to get used to. After about 10 dry fires I had it figured out and it was honestly just a mental thing since it travels the same distance as the original trigger/spring.

If anyone wants me to make a video of the take up and reset let me know..

I love these things. Use them in all of my ARs.
    #RESIST

Have a few, work well.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been converting most guns to these. Too cheap and too good not to use.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quick question about the 6# and 4 1/2# springs. is the 4.5# an option from Geissele, doesn't seem to be an option at Midway or Brownell's.

Thank ahead of time.

I use the QMS instead of the ACT because I can't readily tell a difference between the two. Was not aware that either trigger came with multiple springs though.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I used the ACT on my first build last year. A buddy recently changed it to a JP spring kit & there is a noticable difference.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Mine came with a purple spring+retaining pin and then a tan spring+another retaining pin. Recently bought froM SKD tactical

I have a QMS trigger in one and I have another for a new rifle that is being shipped incase it has a bad trigger. Three of my cohorts who got the ACT trigger first now use the QMS in newer rifles. No difference to us but they could be at the higher end of the ACT trigger weight and the lower end of the QMS.

Between my LWRCi FCG and the ACT there was a little more creep not much in the ACT but this was testing a new ACT and a worn in LWRCi FCG so the sky is the limit on where the ACT falls in when it is broken in.

I actually have a STAG FCG that is lighter than both of those on feel.

I am still trying to figure out why I have a Giessle SSA when I would be happy with a ALG in all my guns.

Colt now advertises a 6 pound trigger in their comp gun.....might it be a ALG trigger group?

Not sure. I still haven't shot with the four pound spring in.. it feels really good in dry fire though.

User Tag List