Thread: glock ejector plunger spring

glock ejector plunger spring

So I recent got two spring kits and decided to replace this spring in my 2006 Gen 3 g19. everything seems fine but when I was demonstrating to a friend how easy it was to disassemble the slide I noticed something I hadn't before. When I removed the rear slide plate the spring separated from the plunger and the two came separately out of the slide. Is this normal for new spring or that spring in general? I switched the spring around and while it didn't separate completely it still pushed off some. Everything seems normal when it's assembled... not sure if I should worry about this or not.

Normal, as designed, drive on.
    #RESIST

That's one of those "it happens sometimes" type things, no issue at all.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have found that the spring usually separates when I'm not paying attention to what I am doing, as it shoots off to who knows where. Luckily, replacements are cheap.

totally realized I just got my reference wrong. It's official nomenclature is the extractor depressor plunger and extractor depressor plunger spring. the spring loaded bearing can go into either side of the spring right? I am pretty sure the spring is reversable.. Sorry i kind messed up what I was describing by calling it the ejector plunger spring

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    totally realized I just got my reference wrong. It's official nomenclature is the extractor depressor plunger and extractor depressor plunger spring. the spring loaded bearing can go into either side of the spring right? I am pretty sure the spring is reversable.. Sorry i kind messed up what I was describing by calling it the ejector plunger spring
    It's the only spring there and it is reversible.

User Tag List