Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help someone in need

Help someone in need

I am a firm believer that I need to do all I can do to help a fellow service member and warrior out

http://www.breachbangclear.com/help-...-his-daughter/

*I have no affiliation with the site

This is a worthy cause and wanted to get it out there to see if others will help also.

Donation sent. Rebekah is in my prayers.

Thank you very much

Donation sent.

Donation sent.

Thanks for posting this.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

my pleasure. we really have a great community here and I think the ammount of participation in threads like this proves that. Thanks for everyone who has donated so far and keeping this little girl and her family in your thoughts!

Site Supporter
    I really feel for this girl and her family and I wish her a speedy recovery and a long life...

BUT (and I feel like kind of an ass for pointing this out) the girl's father is aware that Medicare has a program to pay for ESRD patients to receive transplants and has just chosen not to enroll his daughter. On the giveforward page, the girl's father has a recent update,

"Tricare once again informed us that this particular procedure requires that we get on Medicare. However, there are no rules, regulations, or policies that mandate that an active duty service member's dependent enroll in Medicare. As Tricare being my primary insurance, legally they should pay, but out of convenience for them they ask that we go to the Social Security Administration office and apply for Medicaid benefits. When asked why do we need to get on Medicare, one of the answers that were given is that because that is how it has always been done, all insurance companies do this. Well, that does not make it right!!!"

While I would agree that Tricare should be paying for his daughter's transplant, he also makes it clear that he was previously informed that Medicare will pay for the transplant. If he had signed his daughter up for Medicare in Jan 2014 when she was originally diagnosed with ESRD (instead of fighting with Tricare), he wouldn't be stuck trying to raise $250k to pay for a transplant.

This isn't to say that people shouldn't donate to help this poor girl, I'm just pointing out that a large part of this mess could have been avoided had her father followed simple instructions.

Donation sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I really feel for this girl and her family and I wish her a speedy recovery and a long life...

BUT (and I feel like kind of an ass for pointing this out) the girl's father is aware that Medicare has a program to pay for ESRD patients to receive transplants and has just chosen not to enroll his daughter. On the giveforward page, the girl's father has a recent update,

"Tricare once again informed us that this particular procedure requires that we get on Medicare. However, there are no rules, regulations, or policies that mandate that an active duty service member's dependent enroll in Medicare. As Tricare being my primary insurance, legally they should pay, but out of convenience for them they ask that we go to the Social Security Administration office and apply for Medicaid benefits. When asked why do we need to get on Medicare, one of the answers that were given is that because that is how it has always been done, all insurance companies do this. Well, that does not make it right!!!"

While I would agree that Tricare should be paying for his daughter's transplant, he also makes it clear that he was previously informed that Medicare will pay for the transplant. If he had signed his daughter up for Medicare in Jan 2014 when she was originally diagnosed with ESRD (instead of fighting with Tricare), he wouldn't be stuck trying to raise $250k to pay for a transplant.

This isn't to say that people shouldn't donate to help this poor girl, I'm just pointing out that a large part of this mess could have been avoided had her father followed simple instructions.
    I think if you did some more research you would find that tricare originally stated they wouldnt have to sign up for Medicare. There is also the fact that signing up for medicore would begin the whole treatment process over again, which I am honestly assuming means being reapplied to the donor list. if I am wrong please correct me but ya,.

User Tag List