Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Givens podcast with Mike Seeklander

Followed Tom's writings for many years, but never had a chance to take one of his classes. I thoroughly enjoyed his perspective on this topic, and he was a delight to listen to on this podcast.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks I enjoyed the link, interesting. Reaffirmed SA and ability to proficiently draw and fire for me. AND if you are like me and a little slower on the draw that you would like to be and getting older so don't really expect to pickup a whole lot of speed. SA may just provide the little extra time if required, or better yet let me totally avoid a BAD Situation.

Thanks to my dear ole deceased ex vet/cop DAD, I have passed down SA to my family like he did, AND I love it when I hear others preach it. Some people just over look that aspect IMHO.

Site Supporter
    I immediately thought of this podcast after reading this line in a local news article about a woman who was carjacked in a Wally World parking lot:

"Alice Hunt says she'd never dreamed of being robbed at gunpoint, especially in a place as public as Walmart."

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/A...301475071.html

His reason for carjacking her really shows the difference in her world and his. He said his ride was taking too long to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/A...301475071.html

His reason for carjacking her really shows the difference in her world and his. He said his ride was taking too long to get there.
    Gold. That is the part that many people just don't get. You can tell them, and they may nod there head, but the understanding is not really there. Just like William April's "I had a little time to kill" story. That point was brought home to me many years ago when working a child sexual abuse case. When I went into the suspect home and the mice don't run away from you, and you pick up a plate and wipe the bugs off and eat whatever is there, you know there is something much different than what you are used to going on.

For me, Mike takes a bit of getting used to, though I can't fault his sincerity or accomplishments a bit. Think it's a presentation thing.

As for Tom, my only gripe is that the podcast wasn't longer.

I live and die by my podcasts on my drive to/from work (30+ miles each way in urban traffic), and Mike's shows great promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    For me, Mike takes a bit of getting used to, though I can't fault his sincerity or accomplishments a bit. Think it's a presentation thing.

As for Tom, my only gripe is that the podcast wasn't longer.

I live and die by my podcasts on my drive to/from work (30+ miles each way in urban traffic), and Mike's shows great promise.
    I also wish Mike would have more frequency of his podcasts, like once a week like Ballistic Radio does.

Quote Originally Posted by mluikey View Post
    I also wish Mike would have more frequency of his podcasts, like once a week like Ballistic Radio does.
    I can understand that comment but in general I'd rather have someone do a podcast only when there's something worth discussing. Less is more sometimes.

But like you, I'm also looking forward to more quality podcasts from Seeklander and Givens.

User Tag List