Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clips....bad?

Nylon needs some work to keep it from allowing the holes for hardware to tear out. In some cases a quick tug can break the loop.

Leather is nice but thick. It will push the top of the snap outward more and likely print at the snap instead of the fold on the loop.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Count me among those that find soft loops tend to print more.

While we're throwing out ideas...what about punching a hole near the fold, attaching the loop to the holster through that hole, and putting the snap on the bottom, below the belt? Leave a little tail to make it easier to unsnap. A washer or something would flatten out the fold; actually it wouldn't really even need to be folded, could just as easily be two separate pieces of material (maybe use one of those eyelet/grommet things to attach them together). Seems it would lay flat and have a lower profile above the belt also (which is often what prints for me). Would there be any concern of the snap separating when the belt "pushes" on it while drawing, or when there is upward pressure on the holster such as when bending over while carrying AIWB? It would be stressed in a different direction than normal, maybe that's why no one does it...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The Eidolon clips are impressive. Not too much I would change about them and I could foresee using them once available in quantity.
    I agree, I really like them over other types of clips which I have had fail during training.

I prefer a metal clip with a bent back section to hold the holster in place. If I cannot have that I prefer two pull the dot loops.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You still can't escape the thickness of the snap parts. Moving them around would still create a belt bulge and become more difficult to unsnap.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You still can't escape the thickness of the snap parts. Moving them around would still create a belt bulge and become more difficult to unsnap.
    True, but whats the fix?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

A friend of mine pointed out these Stealth Loops from JMCK that seemed like they may be flatter on the belt. I suppose they may have issues with holes pulling out as orion06 mentioned.

"Our third option is a "Stealth Loop". These are a nylon material that are bolted directly to the holster , and have a Velcro tab that the end user can adjust around their belt for a tight fit. These are a good option for those needing a very lo-profile loop on the belt , but want the ability to take their holster on and off without removing their belt. The stealth loops are one size and will fit up to a 1.5" belt." - from JMCK

I wouldn't expect the issues I mention to happen with those at all.

Ok cool. I am planning to order a split loop from JMCK. Maybe I'll grab a set of stealth loops to.

This is a J.R. Customs Mag Pouch. The way Jim does his leather snap loops is pretty dang nice.

Another guy who doesn't like the way soft loops print more than the gun itself.

I like the JM loops though, they look worth checking out.

User Tag List