Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clips....bad?

Thanks for the info. I originally tried the soft snap loops but they printed too much. I then got a set of fixed loops but they printed as well. I then moved to the clip but I want a robust a setup as I can get. I am hopeful the split loop is the solution I am looking for. Guess I should have got the IWB3 instead of the IWB3-SL. It's a learning process.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I originally tried the soft snap loops but they printed too much.
    I'm guessing you wear fairly form-fitting attire like I do?
    You're the first person I've ever heard complain about how much soft loops print.

Don't get me wrong: I actually have the same complaint myself. Soft loops are still my overall preferred attachment method (based on the balance between secure attachment and ease of putting on/taking off), but I do sometimes get annoyed with how much they can print in form-fitting attire.

It's funny how my body shape can make a G19 (or sometimes even G17) disappear into nothingness, but my belt buckle and soft-loops end up 'printing' more than anything else.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    You're the first person I've ever heard complain about how much soft loops print.

Don't get me wrong: I actually have the same complaint myself. Soft loops are still my overall preferred attachment method (based on the balance between secure attachment and ease of putting on/taking off), but I do sometimes get annoyed with how much they can print in form-fitting attire.
    It's quite common, I'd probably sell a lot more holsters if I went with a fixed loop. Even using s closed soft loop doesn't help too much.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Soft loops will often print for me at times. I still prefer it for the easy on/off as well as attachment security.

DSG clip is great IMO. Difficult at times to remove, but whatever you have clipped to your pants or belt isn't going anywhere. Looking forward to my G17 clip holster.

I also liked the Eidolon clips for the week I used that holster. Easy on off, held the gun, etc. I'm interested to see how well they hold up in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It's quite common, I'd probably sell a lot more holsters if I went with a fixed loop. Even using s closed soft loop doesn't help too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Soft loops will often print for me at times.
    Fascinating! I assumed I was in a small minority, but it turns out I just don't see people actually complaining about it online. Thanks for enlightening me.

Tom (or anyone else who can answer) - do you know of a way to make soft looks fold more 'flat' rather than their natural tendency to bulge out near the bottom? I've honestly considered trying to flatten them with a very low temperature iron before, but was afraid I'd end up weakening the loops without seeing enough of a change.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

It's funny how my body shape can make a G19 (or sometimes even G17) disappear into nothingness, but my belt buckle and soft-loops end up 'printing' more than anything else.
    Yep. We are in the same boat...apparently many are. My belt and holster attachment print more than the gun.

I tried placing a binder clip on the soft loops at night to try and form the soft loops to be flatter. I did this for a few weeks and then gave up. I never saw any change.

Heat can form them a little.

Try it on what you have and if it sucks I'll shoot out some new loops. They're nicer now anyway.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'll give it a try. I've been feeling the need to tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Try it on what you have and if it sucks I'll shoot out some new loops. They're nicer now anyway.
    You're always a generous dude: just one of the many reasons you're at the top of my holster-maker list. I know that sounds silly since it's been over a year or two since I bought anything from you, but that's just because I haven't bought a newly made holster besides the Eidolon in that entire time. Anything else I bought was off the used market at deep discount.

I have a variety of soft loops laying around of different make/formulation, so I'll try some experiments with spare loops this weekend and see if I can make any progress. No need to send me any more free stuff, brother. Next time I place an order from you (I've been meaning to at least get some of your [China] Clinch Pick sheaths), you can toss in an extra set of loops if you're still feeling that generous

Sorry for the thread drift / lovefest, everyone. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program.

I gotta wonder if the fix is to go to leather or nylon loops, and sewn flat at the bottom instead of looping back on itself. That would seem to result in a very flat loop.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List