Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Shoots Computer

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Man Shoots Computer

A national epidemic of insufficient access to mental health tech support has ended in tragedy. According to Colorado Springs' The Gazette:

"He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months," Lt. Jeff Strossner said. "He was having technology problems, so he took it out in the back alley and shot it."
    Hinch shot it eight times, Strossner said, "effectively disabling it."

The computer is not expected to recover.
    According to BBC News, humanity's last bastion of serious journalism:

He did not realise [sic] he was breaking the law when he went "Wild West" on his machine, local media reported.
    The BBC's generic stock photo of a man in a bright orange long-sleeved shirt screaming at a computer screen is captioned, "Some academics argue that 'computer rage' is becoming increasingly common" and goes on to cite exactly no articles to substantiate that statement. In addition, the BBC's identifies the town as, "...[T]he US city of Colorado."
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Work is like that some days.

I imagine this happens more often than is reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas View Post
    I imagine this happens more often than is reported.
    Probably so.

I recall hearing of a guy that decided to ride his bike to work. He couldnt believe all the cell phones he saw in the ditch along the road. Computer rage cant be far from cell rage.

Lord knows I've shot a few of mine, albeit in legal venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Probably so.

I recall hearing of a guy that decided to ride his bike to work. He couldnt believe all the cell phones he saw in the ditch along the road. Computer rage cant be far from cell rage.
    My dad has some nerve damage that occasionally causes him to spasm a bit. One day he was using his phone while driving slowly through town, and had a jerk that caused him to toss his phone out the window.... He went back and got it, though.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I haven't shot any I work on, but I have been known to threaten them with taking them up to the top floor of my office building and introducing them to gravity....

I suffered with a flaky computer for years in college. When I graduated I brought it home and took my frustrations on it. I can't tell you how much fun it was to blast that thing to oblivion. I still find pieces of it on our home range and it brings a smile to my face.

Ballistic maintenance apparently works wonders. Looks like it worked even better than percussive maintenance.

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List