Thread: Length of AIWB holster for G19?

Length of AIWB holster for G19?

I'm mulling over a new AIWB holster for my G19. I've struggled a lot with comfort with AIWB. Lately I have been experimenting with ride height and found that if I ride the gun pretty low (grip sitting on the belt) then the muzzle sits lower and is somewhat more comfortable. I added a Dr. Scholls gel heal pad per another post and it is tolerable for all day carry. So I am thinking that if I take the advice of many others and get a G17 or G34 holster the muzzle would sit low enough to be comfortable but I wouldn't need to ride the gun so low. This seems to make sense to me....right? So which length is better for AIWB carry...a G17 length or a G34 length?

For a long time I was amazed that Mr. White could comfortably carry a G34 AIWB. But maybe now I am coming around to understanding why.

Site Supporter
    I carry a G17 chopped to take G19 mags. Before that I was carrying a G19 in a G17 length holster, even though I had the same holster for a G19. I find the G17 length to be more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I carry a G17 chopped to take G19 mags. Before that I was carrying a G19 in a G17 length holster, even though I had the same holster for a G19. I find the G17 length to be more stable.
    Same here, on all counts.

Okie John

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I've tried G19, G17, and G34 holsters for AIWB carry of a G19. I prefer a G17 holster.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I've tried 17 and 19 length JMCK The George holsters for my 19. The 19 length works best for me. The 17 digs into the side of my leg.

I use a pretty big pad, so I don't notice much difference between the 19 and 17 length holsters.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I use a 34 length holster for my 19 and I find it much more comfortable than one sized for a 19. There is much less tipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

I almost always use a G17 or even a G34 holster for my G19's, including when carried AIWB.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Less belly = less "tipping" out of the gun butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List