Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: That wonderful smaller grip of the Gen4 Glocks....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I have taught a number of shooters to run the Glock trigger using the first crease on the trigger finger, much as one would do for a DA revolver.
    I use this for WHO shooting, it made a substantial difference for me.

Ref "more trigger finger";

I can't tell a person when they have found the sweet spot of their trigger finger for running a Glock trigger, but I sure know when you haven't found it yet.

Assuming that your hand is big enough to even run the gun efficiently at all (and many people's hands are not...) then more or less trigger finger needs to be explored if you are steering the gun to the side on the press.

I have taught a number of shooters to run the Glock trigger using the first crease on the trigger finger, much as one would do for a DA revolver. Often that is the "Ah Ha!" moment for them as no one else has ever given them the advice to try this.
    I literally can not use more finger because my little hand. I can conciously do it but it feels unnatural and it hurts when I shoot the trigger with that much finger in the trigger guard. Thinking I need to get a grip reduction or just drift my sight so the gun hits more right for me

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I literally can not use more finger because my little hand. I can conciously do it but it feels unnatural and it hurts when I shoot the trigger with that much finger in the trigger guard. Thinking I need to get a grip reduction or just drift my sight so the gun hits more right for me
    That would appear to be a case of the gun not fitting the shooter
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That would appear to be a case of the gun not fitting the shooter
    Ya, pretty frustrating

Interesting comments on 'feel' versus effectiveness, and how a bigger grip can help some people.

Some time ago I ordered a pair of Herrett Trooper stocks for my 329PD 44 mag revolver. You trace the outline of your hand so they can make them for you. I wear XL gloves, but the stocks 'felt big'. - However, I found that they work great for me & help tame the recoil of such a lightweight 44.

I like the trigger on the Gen3 Glocks and don't need to go any smaller in grip size.

Well this inspired me. I've always pondered why I shoot my 21SF and 20SF more accurately than smaller famed Glocks. I had been shooting my Gen4 17 with the medium back strap and my Gen4 19 bare. I installed the full-size beaver-tail on the 17 and in addition to feeling more trigger control, especially SHO and WHO, the trigger pull felt lighter too. I also noticed, like others, I have a more secure grip on the pistol due to more real estate for my support hand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yeah, I'm not the best at analysis but I think I'm shooting better now so.....
    This is one of those areas where analysis is very difficult anyways because it's difficult to convey what pressing straight to the rear feels like in words. I usually try "do something different than what you are currently doing" when I run into problems. I think this is pretty similar to Enos' "trick of the day." It tends to work for me.

However, I also prefer larger grips; the standard non-Vertec (sorry ToddG) Beretta, P30 with large panels, and Gen3 G19 all tend to produce better results for me than the same guns with smaller grips. I think it's the ability to get more support hand on the grip and keeping the trigger finger from bending too far past 90 degrees that explain the improved performance, but I don't worry about the "why" too much.

If you didn't order the TTI kit yet, I have one that I'm not using that's yours if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    This is one of those areas where analysis is very difficult anyways because it's difficult to convey what pressing straight to the rear feels like in words. I usually try "do something different than what you are currently doing" when I run into problems. I think this is pretty similar to Enos' "trick of the day." It tends to work for me.

However, I also prefer larger grips; the standard non-Vertec (sorry ToddG) Beretta, P30 with large panels, and Gen3 G19 all tend to produce better results for me than the same guns with smaller grips. I think it's the ability to get more support hand on the grip and keeping the trigger finger from bending too far past 90 degrees that explain the improved performance, but I don't worry about the "why" too much.

If you didn't order the TTI kit yet, I have one that I'm not using that's yours if you want it.
    Done. PM or email me unless you're near VA arms tomorrow.
    #RESIST

Got the TTI kit thanks to Josh's generosity to crippled vets and installed the rear pin, the connector, and the smaller trigger return spring. Won't be able to shoot it for a day or two but it feels lighter and smoother yet reset seems the same. I'm leery of installing the lighter firing pin spring that came with the kit as I use whatever the cheapest ammo is that I can find. I would guess a pound of trigger pull has been dropped from stock.
    #RESIST

That sounds about right.

User Tag List