Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good source for steel targets

Good source for steel targets

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a good source for some steel targets. Can anyone point me in a good direction? I'm looking for silhouettes and chest size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple 3/8" targets from shootsteel that have served me well.
    http://www.shootsteel.com/

MGM has held up very well over the past 15 + years.
    I particularly like the BCC rifle rated silhouette.

Also looking for steel. Especially reactive steel, like a dueling tree. And especially one I can break down and lug into the woods...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Action Target is one of the big players. Our agency owns a whole bunch of their stuff and it's VERY well made. I personally own a couple of their torso steels in 550 Brinell. I've had em for around 12 years and they've held up very well to an untold number of rounds of 5.56, 7.62 and the gamut of pistol calibers. Pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion. Here's a link to their "portable target" line:

http://www.actiontarget.com/portable-targets

Amazon. I found steel targets for free shipping on there

Search cmp targets

Two of the major players have already been mentioned, Action Target and MGM. Mike Gibson at MGM is a great guy, he makes excellent products, and he is a huge supporter of the shooting spots. Action Target is a giant in the industry and they have sold millions of dollars worth of targets to LE and military. Can't go wrong with either one. As far as their dueling trees, the nod for reliability and performance goes to the forward leaning tree by Action Target.

Quality steel targets are generally characterized by water or laser cut instead of plasma, no welding on the targets near impact areas, the proper angle of deflection, and a support/stand mechanism that doesn't send splatter back in the direction of the shooter.

RSR steel has a "ready to ship" setup that is simple and works very well. Just add a 2x4 and you're ready to go. $170 shipped to your door. I've hit it with 9, 5.56 and .308 with no problems, and it has a very satisfying ring to it over many other steel targets I've used.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

Thanks guys

User Tag List