Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 15

M&P 15

Thoughts on this rifle? NCSHP issues these and contrary to their M&P .357 Sigs (which have been replaced with Sig 226R's) they seem to be functioning quite well. My agency is starting to phase in AR's and these are what we are getting...specifically the Black MOE version.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

They have a good reputation where I live. Decently made; reasonable accuracy; good reliability. They aren't Colts, but they generally will do what you want them to do.

I'm good with the S&Ws. Pat Rogers, among other people, has tested them extensively. Even my cheap Sport model test gun is a decent gun, and reliable enough that I'd have no issues with carrying it.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have two, plus the 22lr and 308 versions. We also have a few at work. My primary one has been to a few short classes. I haven't seen any problems with any of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have about 100 S&W rifles. No mid length's though. Overall, no complaints.

We've sold thousands of them, mainly Sports followed by the midlengths. No notable issues so far.

I had one, more than 15k rounds before the barrel starting going.

Only thing I had to do was get an upgraded extractor spring because it didn't like wolf/tula/steel cased ammo. Then again this was almost 7 years ago and a buddy who has one now (recent purchase) has no issues with his.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I have an M&P 15 T I purchsed in 2007. Round count is under 5k but it has been both accurate and reliable with a variety of brass cased ammo. I swapped out the 10" quad rail for a 13" Troy VTAC Alpha but that's it.

My barrel is 1/9 but I mostly shoot 55 & 62 grain anyway. The newer barrels are Melonite made by Thompson Center which is now owned by S&W. They are either 1/9 or 1/8 depending on the model. I believe the mid lengths come with 1/8.

Assembly and QC have been good, in my experience better than their pistols.

It would depend on the pricing. While the S&W is not a bad rifle, you can often get even more quality for the same price they charge for a comparable rifle.

Edit - when we had agency smith pistols I did not personally have good experiences dealing with the company. Maybe just my lone experience but enough to sour me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It would depend on the pricing. While the S&W is not a bad rifle, you can often get even more quality for the same price they charge for a comparable rifle.

Edit - when we had agency smith pistols I did not personally have good experiences dealing with the company. Maybe just my lone experience but enough to sour me.
    The pricing we are getting is very good...IIRC around $700 for that package which comes with a couple mags. As far as the company...our CS with the 45s started out shoddy but has since been very good. The replacement of our local rep was a BIG help.

User Tag List