Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P 15

My agency issues them for patrol rifles. Overall they are pretty good guns. My personally issued one had a trigger that would not reset if you were slow on the reset, like in trigger manipulation drills. Rather than trust our amateur department armorers, someone I know may have stripped out the FCG and went over everything, removing some factory debris and making sure there were no burrs.. It has run perfectly since then.

I would be comfortable recommending them for an inexpensive yet reliable basic platform.

Its a low bid gun that the powers to be did not ask any opinions on at least they did not read the proposal I provided them. Could have got short barrel Colts or Sigs for a little more $$. However I prefer the M&P 15 over the M&P 45. Hopefully we can return to Glock soon. See you Friday Keefus.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly21 View Post
    Its a low bid gun that the powers to be did not ask any opinions on at least they did not read the proposal I provided them. Could have got short barrel Colts or Sigs for a little more $$. However I prefer the M&P 15 over the M&P 45. Hopefully we can return to Glock soon. See you Friday Keefus.
    Took off Thursday night. Like a lot of agencies they only buy what looks good...send me the proposal so I can read it. We will see if two-stepping Tony can deliver the goods. Im betting not based on past performances.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Thoughts on this rifle? NCSHP issues these and contrary to their M&P .357 Sigs (which have been replaced with Sig 226R's) they seem to be functioning quite well. My agency is starting to phase in AR's and these are what we are getting...specifically the Black MOE version.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    That is my primary knock around AR. MAGPUL CRT stock, 12" MI SS Rail, MAGPUL BUS, VORTEX SPARC red dot, and a 2 point sling. That rifle pretty much goes everywhere with me. It has about 10k rounds threw it with 2 FTF and that was just bad ammo. It's taken a beating and kept going.
    Recommend it for sure!!!

Data point.

Grizzly21 and I held another Basic Patrol Rifle class this week for our agency. At the end of the last day (today) we take the guys back to the PD and have them clean the weapons. Today during this session I was helping an officer move his WML to the bottom side of the forend when I heard a clinging noise. I looked at the table and found a taper pin had fallen out of the front sight post. Closer inspection revealed that both pins were missing on this weapon. I checked others and found that 2 more from this class were missing pins as well.

S&W has already stepped up and offered to have the effected weapons sent back to the factory for repair or to send us taper pins. Im still in the process of checking all the others but to say the least I was surprised. These weapons have had around 500 rounds fired through them since they were purchased....and thats not a lot...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have two, plus the 22lr and 308 versions. We also have a few at work. My primary one has been to a few short classes. I haven't seen any problems with any of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I now have three, picked up a 15T model thru S&Ws individual officer program. It's the one with the 1/8 5R barrel. So far it seems OK but it's only had about 3 mags through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first M4 style carbine is a S&W M&P15 Sport. I like it, it works reliably. It will go 500 rounds w/o cleaning if one starts clean and well lubed. I still have it. As I am LH, when I sling it with a 2 point sling, the FA does not dig into my tummy because their is not one. I bought a stripped Sport upper from a contact on PF, because I like the absence of the FA and the positive performance of my first Sport. That being said DD is my favorite brand.

User Tag List