Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KSTG @ NRA 21-April-2015

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    In @ 5.

Will the range let me borrow/rent ear pro? I have foam plugs just in case.
    Yup, they have earmuffs and safety glasses you can borrow.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Thanks for the match! That was a really fun one. I liked the high round count and so many targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjohn3006 View Post
    Thanks for the match! That was a really fun one. I liked the high round count and so many targets.
    Ditto to what MJ said. I had really mixed results during this match. Placed 8th and 4th respectively for the first two stages, but then completely sucked in stages 3 & 4 (slower time combined with FTN's and No Shoots). Since MJ had virtually identical time on Stage 4 as me but without the hits on no-shoots) I can surmise that I would have come in 9th for that Stage with a little more judicious marksmanship. I think the angles on the larger two stages made it more difficult and slowed me down.

That said, I am still super happy and a bit surprised by my times on Stage 2. Since Practiscore only shows combined time (14.27) and I only have the time for the second run called out in the video footage (6.67)
    I can use my magical math skills to figure out that my first run was 7.60 sec

Looking at the past 8 or so matches I've shot (including the now defunct USPSA VA-27 and IDPA) I have been dropping in the overall rankings to middle of the pack, but I always seem to have very irregular performance where my performance in one or two stages really mess me up for the overall. Its really hard even with extensive video footage to identify what needs work (usually its my speed rather than accuracy, or specific things like weak hand only shooting or my complete lack of Yoga skills/ability to shoot through low ports and odd positions).

https://practiscore.com/results.php?...=matchCombined
    Last edited by zeroflux; 04-22-2015 at 09:04 AM.

It's hard to believe I shot faster than Jordan, but my raw time on Stage 2 was .09s faster. Too bad I had one down-1, otherwise I would have beat him on that. Did he take extra shots or flub a reload?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    It's hard to believe I shot faster than Jordan, but my raw time on Stage 2 was .09s faster. Too bad I had one down-1, otherwise I would have beat him on that. Did he take extra shots or flub a reload?
    Cody
    A bunch of extra shots on string 2, and he was reloading from a pocket. His score should actually be listed as (SWS), which is why he has the additional 1000 seconds added to his score. He did do two 2.3 second reloads from a pocket, which I thought was super impressive.

It was a fun and safe match. I am always humbled to shoot with really good shooters, and to see Josh's times. Definite motivation to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    A bunch of extra shots on string 2, and he was reloading from a pocket. His score should actually be listed as (SWS), which is why he has the additional 1000 seconds added to his score. He did do two 2.3 second reloads from a pocket, which I thought was super impressive.
    Josh, thanks for the positive feedback. It was a great match and I had a lot of fun. The USPSA themed stages were a blast. I was really satisfied with my stage plan and execution on stage 1 until about 8 seconds after I holstered my pistol. That's the great thing about KSTG though - you get a lot of good feedback on what you need to improve as a shooter.

Cody you had smoking run on stage 2. Quick draw, fast splits, and a smooth reload. There was a lot of good techniques in your shooting to learn from. I need to get some pointers from you on doing reloads from concealment.

Tons of fun as always, thanks for the great Tuesday evening to everyone who participated. See you next time!

cut together the video; thanks again for a fun evening!

"WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Stage 2 of the KSTG Match two weeks ago:

User Tag List